what LHCF sins do you knowingly commit?

Blowdying my hair twice a week after cowashes when 10 weeks post relaxer.
Grease Monkey - I have added grease back to my regimen and my hair loves it. :yep:

I blowfry my hair after drip drying under the hood. I also wear my hair down daily. After wearing my hair up for four years straight, I just can't do it any more. However, my wash and conditioning routine is still on par with LHCF standards. It's been six months with no trim and my hair has held up well considering the abuse.

I use mineral oil and I cant stop... and dont want to stop. (Loves me some KeraCare Humecto.):look:

I comb from root to tip.

Last edited:
I use products with small amounts of mineral oil; I am also a root to tip comber. Other than that, I am a good girl (by LHCF standards:angel:).

Forgot to add, my leave-in/moisturizer has cones, and my hair is loving it.

Last edited:
i play in & comb my hair A LOT!!...and i use really cheap hair bands when i ponytail! and i don't always use a toothbrush when i slick back my edges

Last edited:
Don't feel so bad now cause I:

-Blowdry instead of rollersetting cause I'm lazy.

-On wash days, i blow dry, then use flat iron, then sleep in my rollers. No pincurls.

-Comb every day.

-Detangle from root to tip.

-Never use a heat protectant when blowdrying. Don't like too many layers of product on hair.

Detangle from root to tip

After I moisturizer I don't seal :look:

My new favorite conditioner (Humectin) contains mineral oil

I dont tie my hair up at night...but I do sleep on a satin pillowcase. Scarves wont stay on my head anyway bc Im a wild sleeper.

This is me too. I could not master the art of sleeping with a scarf and have given up trying. Just the satin pillow cases.

If anyone needs a :spank: its me. I sound like one of those girls that should be getting the LHCF business card on the street. I know come next year some of my edges are going to be gone. I'll be that girl with APL hair and half a hairline like its cute and its all my fault.:sad: Here is my long, sad, pathetic story:

I got some GOOD looking braids. 1) But they are too damn tight. I have lost a few hairs on my edges. By a few I mean some, by some I mean many, and by many I mean about 2 or 3 hairs deep into my hairline on some of the braids are plucked out already and gone. THESE WOMEN GOT EVERY SINGLE HAIR ON MY HAIRLINE INTO THE BRAIDS. EVEN THE BAbY HAIR! MOST of the hairs are still in tact (and throbbing... :nono:) and clinging to my scalp. I used some tweezers to pull them out of the braid and it worked to save the rest of the hairs for the most part, but some of them are so tight TWEEZERS couldn't even get under to them. I KNOW that I have lost some hairs. I KNOW I stand to lose some more before tomorrow night. And I KNOW that my mother's wedding is over.

But I have class at 1020am in my uniform so I can't take them all the way down (since I have to get up and drive back to my school an hour away). I have to wear these braids until I get out of class at 1pm. Which means I have 13 hours to go until I am relieved of this pain. Which means I am allowing myself to lose more hairs than I already have, basically because I can't do anything else. I am taking the front half down and finding the woman that hooked me up the first time to do it again (with REALLY BIG CORNROWS THAt WONT EAT MY EDGES) but this is definitely a learning experience. DON'T TRUST ANYBODY with my hair unless they're immediate family or I have seen the results on a living person instead of a book. Them hoes coulda stolen it from someone for all I know... I can't trust strangers ever again, because it seems like some of them have different ideas on what is beautiful and are OK with having more forehead than hair.:nono:

ETA.. I didn't mean to dog a group of people, so I changed it in case of a fallout

Last edited:
- I use products with mineral oil (and some with petrolatum! :blush:)
- I use cones
- I use a brush
- Sometimes I detangle with wanton disregard :grin:
- I use heat (rollerset 1x per week)

I comb my hair way too much

Use the caruso steam setter rollers w/o the tissue papers :sad:

I don't protect it at night like I should :nono:

Things I cant seem to stop doing:

-combing my hair throughout the day
-blow drying once a week
-playing in my hair...always in my new growth
-always on the internet to help me find new ways or products that will make my hair grow....:nono::yep:
-using way to much product....(sometimes)...well most of the time...:grin:

What's wrong with a wet bun? :ohwell:

I am curious as well, I always do this- this might explain my mid-shaft splits :ohwell:

I like reading threads like this, sometimes I feel so scared to even touch my hair - I am scared to comb it, I am scared to use heat, scared to tie it back too tight, scared to wear it out (no rubbing of clothes), scared to sleep without a scarf, scared to use minerals and cones, scared to not stretch past 13 weeks, scared to manipulate ... I am going to become so scared, I might just snap and shave of my hair.

So threads like this with people with obviousluy gorgeous hair, just enjoying their hair is very refreshing.

I do a wet ponytail. I airdry (until I get a hooded dryer) and this way works best for me.

I comb daily - I can't help it. I use a jilkj&$& or however you spell it shower comb though.

I don't always moisturize every day.

I detangle root to tip.

One of my Aveda conditioners has cones.

I Comb
I Brush
I Use Direct Heat Regularly
I Use Mineral Oil
I Use Cones
I Use Grease
I Wet Bun
I Generally Comb From the Roots

:lol:

I am curious as well, I always do this- this might explain my mid-shaft splits :ohwell:

I like reading threads like this, sometimes I feel so scared to even touch my hair - I am scared to comb it, I am scared to use heat, scared to tie it back too tight, scared to wear it out (no rubbing of clothes), scared to sleep without a scarf, scared to use minerals and cones, scared to not stretch past 13 weeks, scared to manipulate ... I am going to become so scared, I might just snap and shave of my hair.

So threads like this with people with obviousluy gorgeous hair, just enjoying their hair is very refreshing.

I feel the same way, even people that commit the LHCF sin have gorgeous

Back