What lays your edges down??

Jazzy413

What product(s) do you all use to slick your edges down so they are not all poofy and frizzy? Since my relaxer stretching/transitioning, I cannot seem to get my edges from poofing up on me!!! I try to wear the cute buns and all, but its not working when my edges are flying every which way, even when I use products and wrap my hair in a scarf, it just isn't working for me!!! What are some techniques/products that you all use..maybe I need a new way to go about this!:ohwell:

At bedtime, I use a little bit of water and castor oil, then tie down with a scarf. In the morning, I have nice, behavin' edges!

Elasta QP Mango Butter spritzed with a little water--with a scarf

or

Brillantina

Ok maybe I need to revisit my mango butter. But are you ladies using like pure unrefined mango butter, or like the Elasta QP version?? I have not tried castor oil or Fantasia, so I think I will give them a try this weekend.

Okay, so I used to Gel, brush, water ,grease and everything until my sister told me to just use water and serum. I dont relax my edges AND I am a 4C and they are BRUTAL. I used Fantasia serum and water (after moisterizing) at night and then wrapped my scarf tightly. It is THE BOMB! Highly recommended.

I so know what you mean. I currently am rocking a mini fro and it is not fresh!! Thats why when I where my hair in a bun everyone thinks my hair is not done and says "do your hair!"
Why it it wearing a bun is not doing your hair? But anyway if I can get my edges right maybe that would help!

Okay, so I used to Gel, brush, water ,grease and everything until my sister told me to just use water and serum. I dont relax my edges AND I am a 4C and they are BRUTAL. I used Fantasia serum and water (after moisterizing) at night and then wrapped my scarf tightly. It is THE BOMB! Highly recommended.

Thanks for this. I could never gel, just never seemed to do anything for my hair. I will def try out all these suggestions to see what gives me the best results. If I ever do texlax/relax, I don't want to relax my edges either since they just started growing back in.

My favorites are:

Kenra Wax and a scarf for 10 min
Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Soufle styling creme and a scarf for 10 min

I use Elasta QP Glaze. It is the bomb! There is only one catch. When you put it on your edges, immediately tie a scarf on, or it will get too greasy (tie the scarf pretty tightly). This works so great for me. Most times, I do it at night and just sleep with the scarf, but often times, I can put on the glaze, tie on the scarf, get in the shower, or get dressed (15 minutes or so) and take the scarf off and my edges are ready to go!! Try it and let me know what you think!

Nothing works better than my ecostyler gel. I've tried IC Pomade and Aloe gel as well as lets jam and natural butters.

What product(s) do you all use to slick your edges down so they are not all poofy and frizzy? Since my relaxer stretching/transitioning, I cannot seem to get my edges from poofing up on me!!! I try to wear the cute buns and all, but its not working when my edges are flying every which way, even when I use products and wrap my hair in a scarf, it just isn't working for me!!! What are some techniques/products that you all use..maybe I need a new way to go about this!:ohwell:
A perm!! LOL!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Sorry! I had to say that! When I was natural..(which was last week) I used to have to put a lot of brown gel on my hair (none of that other stuff worked, grease, aloe vera gel etc) then tie a silk scarf on it (not to tight, not necessary) until the gel dried that would lay it down and even make it wave.

Oils, liquids, moistruizers, greases, and soft gels like JAM dont do anything for me:sad:

Old school gels and waxes really work for me----Like Ampro and Dax

But since i try to be hair healthy, Fantasia IC or EQP mango butter get the job done like 75%.

Prive Pomade. It's a great product. It doesn't dry your hair out. It has very good ingredients and it's not greasy. I learned about this product from someone (very nice girl) on another hair board when I had my weave in last year. She recommended it. I purchased it for my ng and edges then and I still use it now that I have the weave completely out.

Shea butter on damp edges...brush down with a soft boar-bristle wave brush and scarf it for a few hours...works like magic.

When I am wearing my hair straight, I use Vonte Silk Effects...keeps hair from reverting and lays the edges down nicely.

Fantasia IC gel....
The only thing I don't like about it is after a day or so, when I brush my hair, it kinda flakes..

Thank you for the responses ladies!! I got my notepad up pasting so much stuff to try. One of these is gonna work for me! And not the PERM!!!! :rolleyes: If I can avoid that and learn a few tricks then I just might make it thru a full transition!

To lay my edges down I use Luster's Pink conditioning shining gel. I absolutely love it!:yep:(not a fan of the pink oil moisturizer though) It doesn't make the hair hard and my edges stay layed down all day. Oh and it smells good too!

Back