What kind of rollers to buy for 4b hair?

Fine 4s

I'm going to try a ponytail rollerset. Which kind of rollers should I buy? Mesh or plastic?

The plastic rollers sometimes have that extra plastic edge that could pull my fine strands and SNAP! Can I file it down?

Any suggestions?

Tks!

are you natural or relaxed? i think that would make a difference as to which roller and how smooth it would be

Very late response but I still need help!
I'm natural. I wouldn't want the rollers too tight though. I'm going for a light blowdried look. Enough to stop some tangles temporarily.

I'm natural, very fine 4b, and I always use plastic rollers for my roller sets. I tried the satin-covered sponge rollers by Hype Hair, and those worked really well too. You can use the satin-covered ones on lightly damp hair, but the plastic works best if you're going to set your hair while wet.
HTH :spinning:

I'm natural, very fine 4b, and I always use plastic rollers for my roller sets. I tried the satin-covered sponge rollers by Hype Hair, and those worked really well too. You can use the satin-covered ones on lightly damp hair, but the plastic works best if you're going to set your hair while wet.
HTH :spinning:

Ditto on hair type and both types of roller. On the plastic ones you can get the kind you use the big bobby pins or that have the two parts that snap together. The 2 part ones were the hardest for me to get the hang of not snagging my hair, but both work great.

I made little silk jackets for my regular sponge curlers out of spent silk scrunchies and they work fine on the damp hair. I know ...anything to save a buck :grin:

Back