What Kind of Moisturize You Use For Your Flat Ironed Style

theLovelyStyle

Im in a quest to find the right moisturizer that will not weigh my hair down or cause frizz to flat ironed hair. What do you ll use?

Extra virgin coconut oil <---- Thats all I ever use on my flat ironed hair its wieghtless, its a moisturizing oil and absorbs quickly and leaves a gorgeous sheen:yep:

I use QP Mango Butter at night on my ends only...sealed with castor oil.
The next morning I use a little Profectiv on my ends to protect from shirt friction.

Since i'm almost 100% natural i've been experimenting....the latest is org. jojoba sealed w/ serum (a lot of the ladies mentioned all over the forum)....now i see why.LOVES IT!HTH.

you're supposed to moisturize your flat ironed hair?
I really don't because I can't stand that greasy look but if I'm towards the end of my flat iron week I tend to put some coconut oil in there and throw it up in a bun.
Idk.. maybe i should give evco a shot since BlackMasterPiece is saying it's lightweight and the hair absorbs it quickly...

another reason i dont as well is because the serum i use before i flat iron has cones in it so i figured moisturizing is kind of pointless but.. meh... guess im wrong

I used some evco on my ends.. sometimes i'll a little bit of butter to the ends at night..but the most part coconut oil works for me

I'm still trying out things also. So far I'm using Nexxus Phyto Organics Luxxtress spray leave-in and seal ends as needed with EVOO or EVCO.

So far I've had success with evco, kbb hair cream, and ntm healing shine serum... not at the same time of course, lol.

Thanks OP! I was just thinking of making an exact thread about it. I think coconut oil works really well. It's hard because you don't want your hair to be too moisturized and revert but you don't want to leave your hair dry and hard feeling.

I use Alter EGO Nourishing Nova Care Intensive Leave in Conditioner - just a bit. It leaves my hair super moisturized and soft. I rub of coconut oil on the ends every other night after the leave-in, and if I want shine, then a rub of Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum. Everything used on flat-ironed hair has the potential of being heavy. The key is to use much less product. Another way to do it is to only apply product at night, wrap and cover with your silk scarf. If you used too much product - this won't work either, but if not, you'll keep the body.

you're supposed to moisturize your flat ironed hair?
I really don't because I can't stand that greasy look but if I'm towards the end of my flat iron week I tend to put some coconut oil in there and throw it up in a bun.
Idk.. maybe i should give evco a shot since BlackMasterPiece is saying it's lightweight and the hair absorbs it quickly...

another reason i dont as well is because the serum i use before i flat iron has cones in it so i figured moisturizing is kind of pointless but.. meh... guess im wrong
i've definitely gotten into this line of thinking since cutting my hair into a bob. i want it really swingy and light, and my fine strands get weighed down so easily. so i haven't been moisturzing. the only product is a dab of heat protectant serum before flat-ironing and that's it. the moisture comes from my DC. :yep:

ummm, i use mizani rose h20 conditioning hairdress and my hair seems to love it. it absorbs really well and i still have plenty of swing and my hair is light and soft

i've definitely gotten into this line of thinking since cutting my hair into a bob. i want it really swingy and light, and my fine strands get weighed down so easily. so i haven't been moisturzing. the only product is a dab of heat protectant serum before flat-ironing and that's it. the moisture comes from my DC. :yep:

exactly what I've been thinking this whole time.
Initially though I used to be that 'moisturizer' junkie, applying this and that oil so my hair looks shinny and I could never understand why though my hair was shiny it looked flat and stringy, esp when I combed it, until one day I was too lazy to apply all the products i usually apply before straightening and damn, [excuse my french] my hair was popping. And there after it takes me 30-45 mins to flat iron my hair and I'm out... :drunk: BUT if evoo is doing wonders on flat ironed hair, then I'm gonna try it, no problem.

For those applying oil, do you ever apply heat again? Like to re-touch with the flat iron if you had any reversion, or to curl the ends? I just wondered if the oil/heat combo would burn your hair. I've always heard this but I've noticed some heat protectants contain oils.

For those applying oil, do you ever apply heat again? Like to re-touch with the flat iron if you had any reversion, or to curl the ends? I just wondered if the oil/heat combo would burn your hair. I've always heard this but I've noticed some heat protectants contain oils.
I try not to....I curl with flexirods and smooth my edges with a scarf.

I'm a huuuuge fan of coconut oil, and I recently began adding a touch of avocado butter as well. I love this combo. I also have some aveda brilliant serum that I love, but it's mainly because of the smell. I can get the shine it imparts from my coconut oil.

Extra virgin coconut oil <---- Thats all I ever use on my flat ironed hair its wieghtless, its a moisturizing oil and absorbs quickly and leaves a gorgeous sheen:yep:

co - sigining. This is a hair and life saver. no greasiness... I put it on at night beofre bed.
Wake up to a goregeous wrap!!!!

No. once my hair is done... I don't use heat again.

Wait how can oil be moisturizing if u already applied a serum to your flat iron haired w/out any water-based moisturizer? Isnt that just resealing??

Back