What is your top rated hair vitamin and what's your least rated?

StarScream35

My hands will always go down to Biotin. I took this long before there was a LHCF and ALWAYS got results. I have been taking Biotin for over 14 years and will recommend it to anyone........black, white, naturals, relaxed heads etc.

My least rated was Hair Formula 37. I can't comment on the effectiveness because I didn't take it long enough due to the fact you had to take so many. I have heard other ladies give stellar reviews though.

Right now I'm taking Hair, Skin & Nails by Sundown Naturals. I've only been taking it for about a month. I've seen noticeable strength and growth in my nails. I anticipate eventually seeing some hair growth as well.

This vitamin has 3,000 mcg of biotin if taken 3 times/day as recommended (which is really just 1,000 mcg/vitamin).

I currently don't take a "hair vitamin," but I've had my eye on this one and would like to start taking it for a month or so and see if there are any differences in my hair:

qBkMgSml.jpg

Toji: Pure Density | Hair Vitamin Supplement | w/ Biotin, DHT Blocker, Horsetail, and Eclipta Alba (Herbal Minoxidil Alternative)

My Fav Hurr Vits are (in this order):
Hairomega 3n1
Viviscal
Nioxin
Country Life Maxi Hair
Andrew Lessman H,S,N's *HSN*

just started taking the GNC brand hair, skin and nails vitamin, it contains lots of biotin, as well as essential vitamins a, b, c and d and horsetail. i will check back in a month with an update. my only con for it right now is that it does not contain any iron so i had to buy a bottle of iron pills :(

The only one I've ever tried is the Country Life Maxi-Hair. I have not used them long enough to do a review. When I'm done with my current bottle, I'll post a review.

I currently don't take a "hair vitamin," but I've had my eye on this one and would like to start taking it for a month or so and see if there are any differences in my hair:

qBkMgSml.jpg

Toji: Pure Density | Hair Vitamin Supplement | w/ Biotin, DHT Blocker, Horsetail, and Eclipta Alba (Herbal Minoxidil Alternative)

I bought 6 bottles of this vitamin and I am currently on the first bottle. I will have to report much later on it's effectiveness.

hmm good thread I guess Nioxin was my favorite. I've been through 2 bottles but I stopped purchasing because I don't know where to get them, they were close to my old job

I guess my least favorite is hairtopia not because it doesn't work but because you have to take 50-11 pills a day and it's hard to keep up with

My fav is also Nioxin. I went from SL to APL 2 times in 18 months. I had to cut if off the first time due to damage.

I hear MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is pretty good for hair, skin and nails. My nails grew fast and long when I was taking this but im not sure what affect it had on my hair as I never really paid much attention to it at the time....

My Fav Hurr Vits are (in this order):
Hairomega 3n1
Viviscal
Nioxin
Country Life Maxi Hair
Andrew Lessman H,S,N's *HSN*

IDareT'sHair, what about Hairomega do you like better than Viviscal? I took Vivi for about eight months and had great results, but I also noticed I was getting about the same amount of growth with just a liquid silicon supplement so I stopped taking it. Now I'm thinking about taking it again, but I might have to try this other one! Does it cost the same?

@GreenEyedJen

I took Viviscal 6 months straight & made a 1 year comittment. But after the 6 month mark, I started using Hairomega 3n1 to stretch the out Viviscal.:look:

So, it's actually hard to say if the Viviscal was just starting to kick in or if it was Hairomega. I took Hairomega 2 months.

I still have another 3 pk of Viviscal to return back to.:yep:

Hairomega is about $20.00 for 90 ct. I took my last ones this past weekend.

I'll probably get another 3 pk of Viviscal which would be another 6 months and make my final decision.

More than likely, I'll stick with Hairomega simply because of the cost.

@Lita also uses Hairomega maybe she can also give you a review.

@Aggie please keep us posted please I was intrigued by this one
I certainly will soonergirl. I was very intrigued with the ingredients especially. I couldn't believe there was truly a complete hair vitaminout there like this one. I mean I was buying silica, saw palmetto, l-cysteine, biotin, bacopa extract, msm, zinc, ginkgo, kelp, calcium, and others, all separately and here they are - all in one pill. Boy was I wasting money! I pray to God these work very well!

favorite hair vitamin : futurebiotics hsn w/ 1000mu of msm always had great results
least favorite: hairfinity was too expensive and a waste of time saw no results

favorite hair vitamin : futurebiotics hsn w/ 1000mu of msm always had great results
least favorite: hairfinity was too expensive and a waste of time saw no results

Took that hairfinity for 7 months. It was a true waste of time and money. It gave me major shedding, and my hair grew less than 3 inches during that time. My hair grows about the same rate without it, and i have no shedding. So i now i am scared to mess with any growth aid (topical or internal) period. I hate excessive shedding.

Took that hairfinity for 7 months. It was a true waste of time and money. It gave me major shedding, and my hair grew less than 3 inches during that time. My hair grows about the same rate without it, and i have no shedding. So i now i am scared to mess with any growth aid (topical or internal) period. I hate excessive shedding.

Wow I saw so many good pic results from Hairfinity on their fb. I'm starting to think it only works for those who really need it & possibly works in reverse for those who don't. I dunno....

I think biotin works the best, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. I still have scars from huge and painful acne I experienced while taking biotin.

I've also used Hair formula 37. This works the best for me and doesn't cause any break outs. I have to be consistent with taking the 11-50 pills that are required for at least 3 months for me to see any noticeable difference with my hair.

Vivascal made me sooo nauseous. I had to stop taking them after a week. Waste of money!

@ShiShiPooPoo

What did she have to say about the Phyto vitamins and do the Vitamin Shoppe vits make your hair stronger, grow faster?

Sorry for the late response. I will ask her how she likes the phyto vitamins. I love the Vitamin Shoppe ones. I noticed a great improvement with my nails. I think they have helped my hair as well in terms of thickness.

To the bolded, I've heard this from several women on this board about Hairfinity. Most like it (I didn't) but there must be that small threshold of people who it wrecks havoc on. I remember trying it 2 years ago but wasn't impressed by the growth rate.

Ive taken a few...

Faves:

Natrol H,S,N
Longer, Stronger Hair & Nails
MSM (1,000 mg/day)
Biotin (1,000 mg/day)
Country Life Max Amino Acids
Hair Stimulator Vits (sold on Ebay mostly)
Prenatal Vits
Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc (all-in-one vit)
Silica (via Diatomaceous Earth)
Sea Kelp, Chlorella, and Spirulina

Least Fave:

GNC Ultra Nourishair...took these circa 2004 and saw zero results after several months

Last edited:
My top rated hair vitamin is GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails formula. I saw results with my skin, eyelashes and nails. I was not actively keeping track of my hair growth at the time, but my hair has improved and it has definitely grown.

I ran out of them around Nov and I could tell the difference in my nails and skin immediately!! I started back taking them mid January and I can see a difference. I won't be without them again.

I've been wanting to try Hairfinity, but the reviews are so mixed....

I also take MSM (2000mg daily) and 5000 mcg of Biotin daily

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3943821&cp=3593193

Back