What Is Your Natural Hair Nightly Routine?.

Mandy4610

hey ladies,
First of all it’s been a hot minute since I have been here. I need to reacquaint myself :)
I am in the process of getting my hair back to optimal health. After having twins and coloring my hair, I can tell it’s not as healthy as it can be.
So wanted to check with everyone. What are you doing with your hair on a nightly basis. I would love to hear from everyone but also would like to hear from those who workout.
I workout every morning before work. I lightly moisturize and braid my hair every night but it’s feeling like too much manipulation so want to see what other do.
TIA

I don’t have much hair, so my opinion probably doesn’t matter as much :lachen:

I think as long as it works for you, keep at it. Now if you’re seeing more breakage then usual, then it might be time to reassess.

I workout 5-6 days a week and all I do at night is put a bonnet or scarf on and go to sleep. I wear wah and go's, twist outs, braid outs, etc. I re-wash my hair as needed but my styles don't have to be redone every night. If a style gets old I put it in a bun until the next wash day.

Agree with @FoxxyLocs, the biggest thing is that it's covered with a scarf or bonnet. What I do at night depends on how my hair is styled. Since it's summer I mainly do WnG's, wet buns or twistouts. I cleanse weekly and the bun lasts until I take it down, the other two I get 3 or 4 days and then convert to a bun until the end of the week.

I just put a bonnet on. I wash and condition my hair every morning after my morning workouts so it's not about trying to protect a style, I just don't want my hair rubbing up against my cotton pillow cases. Now that it's practically summer where I live I do a light rinse of my hair at night to wash out the sweat and grime accumulated during the day and then wash again in the morning. I realize that daily washing for some is extreme but it works for my hair and I love it.

I may be the only "lone wolf" that does this but I henna my hair while braided. My gray hair is in abundance and the idea of removing my braids for vanity's sake, just ain't gonna cut it. I have been protective styling since Mid-March 2018. I am coming from a complete buzz cut almost all of last year (hair was bleach and colored every color imaginable). I did a final buzz in mid-Dec 2017 and when it got long enuf for me to catch (DIY), I braided it with kanekalon box braids! I removed each braid one by one and installed yarn about a month or so ago! I use my virgin hair fertizer morning and night and I henna every 3 to 4 wks. I wash weekly but I do NOT DC as I see there is no reason for me to do so. I use my DIY moisturizer each day and I amp it up on wash day! I do use sulphate poo cuz it works FOR ME! My hair is growing so dang much that I can now install my DIY lemomade cornrows (3 to 4wks). I will wait until I get super tired of my uarn braids though (they bob-length cuz iz too hot).

Usually just oil my scalp and add my bonnet. I am either in a bun or a twist out or rod set, and I don’t reset my hair at night.

Sometimes (like tonight) I put it in a bunch of braids just to get each section moisturized and detangled. That's usually just after wash day. Throughout the week, I stick in on top of my head and then throw a bonnet on.

I used to braid every night but I also felt it was too much manipulation. I've been better off just detangling with my fingers in the shower in the morning.

Back