what is your favorite ceramic flat iron???????????

Brownie

What is your favorite ceramic flat iron, and where did you get it from? Oh, and how hot does it get, and how much did it cost????Thanks in advance.

I have a Unil ceramic flat iron. This is my first and only one, but I love it! I ran about $130. I dont remember where purchased, somewhere on-line I know. It has variable temperatures that range from 140 degrees to 400 degrees. You can use it to curl, bump, staighten and the list goes on. I love it because it can get close to the roots, perfect for stretching out relaxing times.

The one I have is great. I don't know if it's my favorite because I haven't tried other ceramic flat irons. I have a Revlon Perfect Heat iron. I purchased it at Ulta and cost me about $20-25. It's great, and gets my hair smooth and straight on the lowest setting.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a Unil ceramic flat iron. This is my first and only one, but I love it! I ran about $130. I dont remember where purchased, somewhere on-line I know. It has variable temperatures that range from 140 degrees to 400 degrees. You can use it to curl, bump, staighten and the list goes on. I love it because it can get close to the roots, perfect for stretching out relaxing times.

[/ QUOTE ]

140-400 degrees????That sounds really good. Maybe I'll do a search for it on the internet. I hardly ever use heat, but it would be nice to have a flat iron on those extra special days.

They say it is made to distribute heat evenly. Because of the fact that it has ceramic plates instead of metal they say that it is not damaging. I have asked stylist and they say it can be used everyday. I would never do that though because I believe too much of anything can be damaging to your hair. I have used it one the highest heat and my hair does not burn or scorch at all. It is great!
clap.gif

dsd,

i have the jilbere and i dont even know how to begin to use it on my thick hair!

how do you even section the hair, in 4 quaters? do you just comb it in thedirection of the style you want to creat first??? how???

Well, I usually part in small sections starting in the back of my hair and working my way to the front and sides. I takes about 30 to 40 minutes fron start to finish. Section it just like the stylist does when they hot curl your hair. This way you can get your hair consistantly straight. You can't use too much hair in each section because if you do the straightening will come out uneven and you don't want that to happen. I usually don't comb into the desired style until after I have finished to whole process. Also you might have to go over each section more than once. It might take up to three times to get the desired straightness.

I was on a site that had flat irons that cost around $400.. has anyone ever used one of those? What is the difference between those and a cheap one?

i just purchased a ceramic flat iron from walmart and i absolutely love it. it was only $14.99 and it's by Conair. i noticed the difference in it immediately. my hair came out shinier and had more body than the regular flat iron i have. more importantly, it straightened much faster so i didn't need to leave it on as long.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the difference between those and a cheap one?

[/ QUOTE ]

except for the price i dont think there is much of a difference and as the threaf continues this would be clear. i am sure any ceramic flat iron will do a great job!
trampoline.gif

Back