WHAT IS WRONG?????????

Mandy4610

Ladies I am getting so stresses out. My hair is falling off the back of my head. It is very brittle and is just snapping. Could this have anything to do with me sleeping on my back everynight? This is just horrible. The rest of the hair is fine and is very much longer. Please help, I am really really desparate, I am not ready for a big chop.
Please see my fotki to understand what I mean.
http://public.fotki.com/Mwando/bad-hair-days/
TIA

Do you wear a silk or satin scarf to bed to protect your hair? Sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase?

Besides sleeping on your back, you may want to make a list of anything else that could be rubbing in that area of your head throughout the day, then find a way to correct it.

For example, one of the ladies here mentioned the head rest of the driver's seat in the car. She covered it with a satin cap to take care of that problem.

I know that is stressful-sorry girl :sad: When I had breakage in this area it was due to illuminator highlights but I didn't see any reference to color in your fotki. When did the breakage start and can you think of anything that you changed around that time frame(assuming you didn't just start sleeping on your back)?

Thanks Ladies, I do use a satin cap, but I do not have any satin pillowcases.
I can not quite put a finger on what I have done differently. I recently had to sleep on my back more due to surgery, but I think the hair started breaking as soon as I got to 4wks post relaxer. Last time I relaxed, I was 8wks post and my hair was fine.
I had this problem before and at that time I thought it was due to sleeping on my back for the longest time. I had to get a big trim and then my hair was ok. Ugh:wallbash:, I don't know what to do.

Mandy, did you relax your hair yourself? Did you rinse in the shower or the sink afterward? What is your neutralizing technique? I'm asking, because I realized that if, for any reason, there is relaxer residue left on the hair, the hair will begin to break "for no reason" much later.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, honey. :bighug:I hope you find out what's causing it.

Mandy, how are your styling your hair on a regular basis?
I usually wash and dry it with a hot air brush or rollerset. I wear it down 50% of the time and ponytail the other 50%. I also wear a pony tail when I go to bed, but I cover it with a satin cap.

Mandy, did you relax your hair yourself? Did you rinse in the shower or the sink afterward? What is your neutralizing technique? I'm asking, because I realized that if, for any reason, there is relaxer residue left on the hair, the hair will begin to break "for no reason" much later.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, honey. :bighug:I hope you find out what's causing it.
Thank you so much. I did do my own relaxer, I rinsed over the tub with the running water in the tub ( I don't know how to explain it, does it make sense?)
I apply conditioner after relaxing, wait 10 minutes, then neutralise and then condition again.

I have had similar problems....I should rephrase that and say I have similar problems. Try adding extra moisturizer to those sections and try applying extra conditioner to those areas.

I have had similar problems....I should rephrase that and say I have similar problems. Try adding extra moisturizer to those sections and try applying extra conditioner to those areas.
Thank you so much. Do you know what causes your problems?

Thank you so much. Do you know what causes your problems?

I don't really know.

I think it was a combination of problems with me.

1) Coats and my car head rest sometimes rub against my head and I think the friction dried certain back sections out

2) Relaxers- For YEARS my back sections would always overprocessed and I think my hair grows slower in those areas because of that. The hair that grows there is also more fragile than the rest of my hair so it requires special attention

3) Sleeping...I have to tie my hair down because I easily will roll my head out of a satin bonnet. I also have to tie my wrap in the front. I got a bald spot from the rubbing of the scarf knot in the back of my head. The spot as filled in but it still isn't as long as the rest

I don't really know.

I think it was a combination of problems with me.

1) Coats and my car head rest sometimes rub against my head and I think the friction dried certain back sections out

2) Relaxers- For YEARS my back sections would always overprocessed and I think my hair grows slower in those areas because of that. The hair that grows there is also more fragile than the rest of my hair so it requires special attention

3) Sleeping...I have to tie my hair down because I easily will roll my head out of a satin bonnet. I also have to tie my wrap in the front. I got a bald spot from the rubbing of the scarf knot in the back of my head. The spot as filled in but it still isn't as long as the rest
thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

Back