What is the Best Way to Use Surge if you have a Relaxer?

bajanplums1

I have been reading about search forever on the board. However I have been reluctant because:

1. Last time I used a bit of surge my hair curled up at the roots.

2. How do I know that I really have new growth, it could just be all my old hair curling up /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

So, any Surge experts out there? Please advise. Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
I have been reading about search forever on the board. However I have been reluctant because:

1. Last time I used a bit of surge my hair curled up at the roots.

2. How do I know that I really have new growth, it could just be all my old hair curling up /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

So, any Surge experts out there? Please advise. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm no expert at all on Surge but here is my take on it and how I use it. I think it makes my hair thicker and less limp -- not longer. If I apply it on dry relaxed hair I immediately wrap it and secure it with pins and put on a scarf. I will have less curl at the root as you mentioned. I wear my hair curly (wet) most of the time and still can't distinguish my new growth from my relaxed hair./images/graemlins/perplexed.gifMaybe a past thread on Surge or one of the other ladies can help you on that one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I spray on Surge after I wash my hair ITA that it makes my hair seem thicker, after I spray it on and moisturize I pull my hair into a ponytail and tie it down with a silk scarf I don't blow dry and usually my hair is straight afterwards but I can see a distinction between my relaxed hair and new growth.

Bajanplums1-

I spray Surge on my hands and fingertips and work it onto my scalp that way, sometimes parting each section as if I were using grease. I don't use it as a leave-in (when hair is wet). I did when I first got it and I didn't like how it left my hair and scalp feeling afterwards.

HTH!

Great question. I noticed that it makes my roots curl up. My mind must be playing tricks on me cause thats some fast new growth or the Surge is making it curl up. Whatsgoingson?

[ QUOTE ]
Bajanplums1-

I spray Surge on my hands and fingertips and work it onto my scalp that way, sometimes parting each section as if I were using grease. I don't use it as a leave-in (when hair is wet). I did when I first got it and I didn't like how it left my hair and scalp feeling afterwards.

HTH!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try this technique. Thanks everyone!

Back