What is the best mosturizer for the hair?

Nessa

What is the best mosturizer for the hair? Please describe why it is good. Thank you for your replies.From What I have heard S curl is the best. I have S curl myself but i don't use it that much. So please tell me because I need to know what is best for my head.

Come on yall I see many people reading but nobody replyin. Please I need this info.Quick so I can go to the store.

I read your post a while ago and my response would have been "water", but that probably isn't what you want, so I didn't say anything.
wink.gif

I was going to say the same thing. I use Cathy Howse's Dew sometime and Better Braids Dandruff Control (which is a moisturizer). These products basically wet the hair and give it sheen. Whenever I use a product with this consistency, I can't keep it straight but I can't stop it from growing either. This month, I sprayed the Better Braids Dandruff spray on my scalp so much that my hair started to sprout out. It's not the ingredients of the product, the product moistens the hair and that causes the hair to grow.

Many people have their own recommendations. I am pleased with my own hair growth and don't change just because someone announces a new product they like.

Since hair types differ, I advise you to use my basic principle of finding a product that wets the hair, then, based upon your hair type, find the one that works for you.

Whatever you do, make sure the product doesn't list alcohol as one of the first 3 ingredients.

well don't quote me but how about nexxus humectress, or cholesterol. they might be a little thick for relaxed hair though but these work for me.
hth
smile.gif

I think the reason a lot of people may not be responding because they aren't too sure how to answer that, mainly because what works for one person wouldn't necessarily work for the next. Like, almost 89% of the ladies here love S-curl, but it worked terribly for me. So there isn't a "best" moisturizing product, there is just a product that works best with your own hair, which usually takes some trial and error to figure out. Its mostly important to keep the moisture 'in' the hair, than to put a product on it to provide that moisture. I spritz a little bit of water and leave-in conditioner and a little bit of oil on my hair before I tie it up at night. That works well for me, but it might not work for everyone. Also, I find that my hair stays better moisturized if I use natural oils, instead of mineral oils and petroleum products. Once again, this does not apply to everyone, but it does apply to me.

I'm not sure if that helps, but good luck in finding your wonder product!

Some good moisturizers that I use are~

Water
S-curl
Conditioner washes

DITTO on what Bett1e said. Just becuse a certain product works for someone else, doesn't mean you should switch. find something taht works and stick with it
smile.gif

Hi Nessa,

I just read your PM
wink.gif
. I like S-curl alot now. I use it for conditioner only air drying days when I want to take a break from rollar sets and also when I need to wash my hair after exercising every other day and I need to do something that's quick and gets the sweat out. After squeezing out excess water, I spray scurl all over. Not saturating it, but enough to spray every where including the ends. Then I pin the hair into a bun or braid 2 pigtails which I let air dry and then undo so the hair is wavy.

What I like is that the s-curl leaves the hair very soft and it remains moisturized the entire day. I never would've touched something like a curl activator for my relaxed hair, thinking it would break it or something
ohwell.gif
but after talking with Adrienne (who came up with the idea of using it in the first place), I was convinced to give it a try. I have to use it though on freshly washed, wet hair and let the s-curl dry while your hair air dries. Don't just put it on dry hair or it comes out, well, not so good
laugh.gif

Its definitely one of the best moisturizers I've found for air dry days. Sometimes I put some olive oil in the hair just before the s-curl.

Thanks. I am glad I got so many replies from all of yall. I really needed the tip. I can use many things oil,water,leave in condition, or S curl. Thank you for all your replies.

Is it possible for you to talk to your parents about a multivitamin? My daughter is 14 and she is currently taking a "One A Day" multivitamin. This can really give your hair and body the things that it's not getting from your daily intake......
smile.gif

Trust me I already did. My mom said I couldn't because I eat all the foods that have the nutrients and vitamins.

I have been having a lot of success with my water mix, shea butter and s-curl. Nightly, I've been spritzing my hair (especially the newgrowth) with a combo of bottled water mixed with a small amount of Daily Doctor-love the ingredients list!-and jojoba/castor/rosemary oil. shake before spritzing to mix oils and spritz until just damp. then I use pure unrefined shea butter, really concentrating on my ends. then finish off with a spritz of s-curl. I actually spray the s-curl into my hands and use my palms to get my ends good. Keeps the floor less messy too! This makes combing so easy, especially my new growth! then I put it up for the night and in the morning it's soft, smooth and has sheen!

Wow that must be da best. I mixed S curl with Infusium 23. And it is good. Thank you for your reply.

YOu are welcome. But your hair and everone's hair in their photos is long and so shiny and beautiful.

right now, i'm love the World of Curls activator. i think any of them would work for my hair. but S-Curl and World of Curls are my favorites.

adrienne

SherryLove....what type of aloe vera gel do you use?

I think I asked you this on a differtn thread but I'm not sure and if I did I have NO idea what thread it is. SO if you answered it already.....I'm sorry.
smile.gif
blush.gif

You can do that? I have used Infusium 23 and I didn't know you could apply oil on top of it.

Back