What is so good about Castor Oil?

Nessa

Does it make the hair thicker from root to end?Is it a great mosturizer?Does it promote growth? What brand should I buy? What is the cheapest?

I have micro cornrows so I just want to apply something that has good qualities.Right now I am using Infusuim 23 and that is very good. Growin my hair too. I just want to know more about Castor Oil so that I can buy it soon.
Please answer all my questions.
Thank You
And God Bless YOu
Nessa
laugh.gif

i dont know if it promotes growth but i know that its real thick and oily and it smells too. but i like castor oil alot. it keeps my hair moisturized all day. i dont put it through my whole hair cuz it smells too bad so i just put it to the front, at my hairline and put some sheen spray over it to cover the smell. other ppl might have different opinions but i like it alot.

..and yeah castor oil will make your hair grow. i dont use it in the grease, i use the pure castor oil, the one in the little bottle. i think i got it at wal-mart or maybe a grocery store. i think it might be closer to vitamins and the pharmacy because on the bottle, it says it can be used for a laxative. when i was younger my mama used to steam my hair with castor oil and then wash it out... boy you should have seen my hair
smile.gif

oh, lol your welcome, i re-apply it at night, i do it morning and night but if your gonna do it through your whole hair its gonna stink. but since you said you have cornrows you should be fine, just dont do too much. but the oil last a long time.

i got this brand from Walmart the other day I think its made by Umco or Humco. It has no smell at all..on the bottle it says odorless and tasteless..it was in the laxative section..it makes my hair so soft and I hope it is as potent as the smelly kinds ...its been working great..I am so glad I found out about it on this site!
grin.gif

Maybe I could get that I need to cause my mom doesn't like the hair things I use that smell alot.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Nessa said:
Thank you for the reply. BUt it smells bad? Should I reply it at night then?

[/ QUOTE ]

___
My facial scrub is made up of castor oil and baking soda that I mixed together. My castor oil doesn't stink but it costs like $10.00 an ounce. I buy the kind that they sell in the store for constipation.

So some kinds smell bad and some kinds don't. If I am buying Castor Oil is it good to buy it if it is a laxitive?
I mean wouldn't that be bad.

I just use my castor oil for the facial scrub not for the hair. A lot of home remedies contain products that are suppose to do something else. Epsom salt is a laxative that people bathe in for aches and pains.

put a sprig of fresh rosemary in the bottle..that helps neutralize my olive oil smell so it should work for castor oil as well.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Bronxbaby87 said:
..and yeah castor oil will make your hair grow. i dont use it in the grease, i use the pure castor oil, the one in the little bottle. i think i got it at wal-mart or maybe a grocery store. i think it might be closer to vitamins and the pharmacy because on the bottle, it says it can be used for a laxative. when i was younger my mama used to steam my hair with castor oil and then wash it out... boy you should have seen my hair
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bronxie, *waving*

That sounds so pampering and I'm a SUCKER for pampering! What does this entail? Do you remember?

Bronxie, I don't know to whom you were referring but I'll go ahead and clarify, just in case....what does steaming your hair with castor oil entail? Is it simply putting it in your hair with a warm towel or what?

castor oil is a really good moisturizer and its thick too. steaming your hair with it puts back alot of moisture into your hair. my mama had used a steam cap when she did it. I havent steamed my hair in soo long tho. I hope that helps.

Nessa- no castor oil wont make your hair gro but it has alot of moisture in it. it will make your hair healthier and help you retain legnth. but just like anything else you wont see results over night you have to be patient.

Bronxbaby- Okay that was all I needed to know. But steaming hair would be a great option too? THank you for all the info you have given me.
grin.gif

Back