What is bizarre about YOUR hair?

Since my grow out challenge the texture has changed into fine but thick hair that does not hold a press and is wispy and fly away. I cant get a silky flowy press to save my life. And forget shine, I almost forget what that is? I see others shiney presses and flat irons and think, what am I doing wrong???? But I have continual growth:ohwell:

My hair and (artificial) heat are mortal enemies:swordfigh. I knew that blow dryers (even with a diffuser attachment) made my hair extremely dry (regardless of the protectants and moisturizers I used to pretreat it before use):perplexed, but I thought a bonnet dryer would do the trick. I couldn't have been more wrong!:nono:
So I bought a salon quality over head dryer for like 200 bucks.:badidea: The first time I used it was to dry my jumbo twists. My hair reacted by becoming extremely stiff and hard.

My trip to the salon for deep condition produced the same results. Even my hair stylist was confused!

If I even try to use heat on my head my ends protest by breaking off and running for its life, lol:cry:
Then it proceeds to misbehave for the rest of the week:pullhair:

It's absolutely ridiculous!

Last edited:
my crown and front hair is very wiry and is quick to go straight if i mess with it too much.

the back is kinkocity with a bunch of clumping squigglies on the ends that make detangling a pita.

when it's wet it looks one way when it dries it does something completely different.

it defies any and all typing systems.

it's all good though cause it keeps me on my toes and i'll never get bored with it :lachen:

I have 2-3 very different textures.
My right side is 3C/4A and my left side is ALL 4B and one plug of hair to the left of my crown is 5X.
:lachen:

The 5X plug breaks off constantly. :ohwell:

Different textures - my hairlines all the way around are about a 3c/3b. The majority of my head is a 4a. I have this odd 'patch' over my left ear that is also 4a, but is about twice as tightly coiled as the rest of my head - it's my 'treatmet' gauge - if that hair likes what I'm using, my whole head will love it. If that part loves it, I stock up on it and figure out SOME way to get it into my reggie..... :grin:

Soft but Stubborn - my hair is wiry but soft. I can hold a strand of hair, and it'll stay straight up, but put ANY pressure on my hair, and the coils vanish and straighten out.

My hair is 3C /4A, looks 3B when wet, 4B when combed out and can turn out looking like 1A when wrapped with the right products!!!!

Crazy I tellz ya :lachen:

1. It looks similar to a "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree....
2. It's thick and spongy in the roots and thin and wiry on the ends.
3. It's almost straight when I wash it....
4. It grows horizontally....
5. I have this 1 inch patch in the middle of my hair that no matter what I do to it, it looks the same, Oiled, moisturized, wet, whatever... It will not change for nothing!
6. My hair doesn't exactly have a "curl" look to it. It looks like a bunch of 2a waves but small like a 3c curl. I guess that makes be a 3b.... idk.

Thats bout it...​

I have a very dark hair color and eye color(My eyes are almost black, people say thats not an eye color but to me it is) anyway but I have the most random patch of brown hair on the front right side. I thought it was chemicals but when I straightened recently it was still there!

I'm trying to figure out a way to explain this. Imagine the area on my head where a mohawk would be if I had one. Now imagine if that mohawk stopped at my crown rather than my nape. Well, all of my hair is 4a except for this section. Then it doesn't help that I also have heat damage from the Dominicans in this area, too. So I have all of this 4a texture & then you get to this section & some of it is relaxer straight w/little coils on the end & some of it is just there w/z patterned waves. :ohwell:

If I am trying to roller set my hair, I have to use a water bottle to rewetting sections as my hair starts drying out super fast before I can roll each section. However, if I am trying to air dry my hair it takes FOREVER to actually dry.

the left side is much much thicker than the right side and the back part is thinner than the top

oh and my hair shrinks badly

Mine, too! :yep: Even with a bone-straight relaxer. The only time it doesn't shrink is when it is flat ironed.

EAT: And another thing - my hair holds heat. I can't touch it for like 30-45 seconds AFTER the iron is passed over it!

Last edited:
This is so weird to me:

I can tame my hair with plain water no matter what. (Wash & go is my friend.)

But if I blowdry/straigten it, the slightest humidity or hint of sweat, my hair puffs up to a giant dry pouf. Well ain't humidity water? ugh!

I read on here all the time about ladies saying that they have various different hair types in different parts of their head.

Here's what's weird about me.

I have 3 different types of strands/hair types but they are scattered all over my head evenly. What does that mean?

type 1 is very fine not very curly and light brown
type 2 is jet black very strong with a good coil and not very stretchy.
type 3 is fine and very elastic but springs back.

And I swear, if you were to pluck 6 strands of hair from the same spot on my head. you'd pull an eve distribution of those e types that I described.:ohwell:

that I also have soft 3b/c loose wavy hair at the nape(which doesnot need a relaxer)... 4a on the sides and front hairline... and then I have 4z highly textured coils w/much shrinkage in the crown area.. It is very challenging trying to maintain moisture in the crown area. Now that I am stretching 6 months at a time... You can run your hand throughout my head and feel all three different textures:ohwell: :lachen:

This me. My TWA looked like a mullet because my nape is like, 2b, and hangs down. It's insane. I ended up cutting it off. I can deal with different type 4 textures on my head, but this near-straight mess has me upset.:perplexed

I relax and my hair still curls :grin: :lachen:

I call this type of hair rebellious :naughty: and mine is the same way which is why I gave up on relaxing bone straight, it was pointless.

What's bizarre for me is that while my left side is the thickest, my right side looks WAY thicker and fuller after a rollerset :ohwell:

Back