What is better that EVOO, coconut oil!

Plenty

I got a fresh relaxer yester that cured all my underprossed hair. I used a little EVOO and my hair became limp and flat.

I just came from the health food store and purchased Coconut oil. You can cut the shine with a knife. This the prettiest shine my hair has ever seen.
At same time I greeded my hair complete and my rollerset from last night is still bouncy and light. That is how light this oil is. Please do not sleep on the Coconut oil. It is not as expensive as JoJoba oil and works better in my opinion. It smells delightful unlike the problem wilth Alma oil.

Has anyone else used this stuff? I never hear about it that much.

LOVE IT!!!! When I was on vacation, I actually ran across some AND IT WAS SOLID!!! Threw me for a loop b/c everytime I saw it in the BSS, it was a clear yellow liquid.....
Well heck, I thought I'd try is, and oooooooh Becky..........
Happiness (and the smell makes me hungry!!!!)
I half expected the hair to be weighed down and limp the next day, but .....ta dow...not so!!! I sort of dissipated...if that makes any sense
Happy Happy...joy joy!!

I did the coconut oil thing over a year ago. I liked it at first but I dont like how it solidifies so quickly. I once had my hair out and put it in for shine- would you believe that when I went outside in the WINTER wind, my hair froze in place. I was like WTH? As soon as I went inside, it unsolidified and looked awesome again. :eek:

goldensensation said:
I did the coconut oil thing over a year ago. I liked it at first but I dont like how it solidifies so quickly. I once had my hair out and put it in for shine- would you believe that when I went outside in the WINTER wind, my hair froze in place. I was like WTH? As soon as I went inside, it unsolidified and looked awesome again. :eek:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Oh no...I live in CA right now, and have had GREAT results w/ the great weather here, but maybe when I get to MD.....ROCK HEAD!

Coconut oil is great on my hair! I love it. I'm thinking it's better than evoo on my hair too! My only problem is that the new brand I bought smells a bit nauseating. (The first brand smelled yummy). Right now I need ideas on what to add to it to get rid of that smell. Some kind of essential oil or something. Any ideas?

goldensensation said:
That's probably a good thing. How much time do you really spend outdoors in those temperatures anway? ;)

THis is something I will be trying...I feel like I'm missing out on something because everytime I read a thread about coconut oil everyone raves how good it is.

nadz said:
Coconut oil is great on my hair! I love it. I'm thinking it's better than evoo on my hair too! My only problem is that the new brand I bought smells a bit nauseating. (The first brand smelled yummy). Right now I need ideas on what to add to it to get rid of that smell. Some kind of essential oil or something. Any ideas?

I had that same problem with the smell from the coconut oil I bought, it made me want to turn and run!
Did you buy yours from an indian store? The man at the counter and the jar itself said that is the natural smell of the nut, or something like that, it's 100% natural and unrefined.
I tried using it as a prepoo, but couldn't keep it on my hair for long, :barf::barf: ( the stink was awful!) but dang, it made my hair soft as buttah!

WomanlyCharm said:
I had that same problem with the smell from the coconut oil I bought, it made me want to turn and run!
Did you buy yours from an indian store? The man at the counter and the jar itself said that is the natural smell of the nut, or something like that, it's 100% natural and unrefined.
I tried using it as a prepoo, but couldn't keep it on my hair for long, :barf::barf: ( the stink was awful!) but dang, it made my hair soft as buttah!
Off topic: Your Avatar and the Name together makes me smile everytime I see it!!!

On Topic: I found this solid one in Kaua'i that has absolutely NO scent called Coconut Willie....workd AWESOME...got it at the Walmart!!!

Alli77 said:
THis is something I will be trying...I feel like I'm missing out on something because everytime I read a thread about coconut oil everyone raves how good it is.
Go get some NOW, girlfriend! This is the absolute BEST oil I have ever put on my hair. Very light and extreamly moisterizing. My cocnut oil has absolutly no smell whatsoever. I get mine from Walmart in the cooking section and I absolutly love it! Especially since it's so cheap and you get sooo much!

naturallady said:
Go get some NOW, girlfriend! This is the absolute BEST oil I have ever put on my hair. Very light and extreamly moisterizing. My cocnut oil has absolutly no smell whatsoever. I get mine from Walmart in the cooking section and I absolutly love it! Especially since it's so cheap and you get sooo much!

It's the first thing I'll be ordering when I get paid!

brownsugar9999 said:
Off topic: Your Avatar and the Name together makes me smile everytime I see it!!!

On Topic: I found this solid one in Kaua'i that has absolutely NO scent called Coconut Willie....workd AWESOME...got it at the Walmart!!!

:blush:
Thanks Brownsugar...coming from a haircare goddess such as yourself, I'm honored to make you smile!

WomanlyCharm said:

That's really interesting 'cause it's an indian brand and it's pure and unrefined and smells awful! But dang it's good! Still searching for ways to tame the smell.

WomanlyCharm said:
:blush:
Thanks Brownsugar...coming from a haircare goddess such as yourself, I'm honored to make you smile!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: goddess?????? pleeeease...i am but a peasant!!!!!! thank you!!!!!! now pj goddess..that's different!!!:grin:

ummm i am a huge lover of coconut oil myself. Makes my hair butter soft and smells good too. i have a gallon over here- along with a gallon of palm oil,1/4 of a gallon of castor oil, a quart of apricot kernel oil and a quart of sweet almond oil and 16 oz of rosemary oil.

Whoa Carameldiva, I see u play no games!!!

But how do u guys apply yours? As a pre-poo, or do u just put it on your hair for shine?

carameldiva said:
ummm i am a huge lover of coconut oil myself. Makes my hair butter soft and smells good too. i have a gallon over here- along with a gallon of palm oil,1/4 of a gallon of castor oil, a quart of apricot kernel oil and a quart of sweet almond oil and 16 oz of rosemary oil.
My goodness! Gallons! How do you store them so they don't go rancid?

Now i am going to have to go out and get this. I haven't been too happy wit the moisturizers i have been trying. I'll have to check my Wal-mart out for it. I am going to end up with so many differnt products. I'll just do what i always do when i have too many. Give them to my 4 younger brothers. They just slap what ever on their heads and go out. Two of them get regular hair cuts anyways.

nadz said:
That's really interesting 'cause it's an indian brand and it's pure and unrefined and smells awful! But dang it's good! Still searching for ways to tame the smell.

Sometimes it's rancid. First time I bought it at the halal market, no real smell. Second time, smelled awful. Now I uncap the jars and do a sniff check before buying.
I like to mix mine with castor oil and honey for a hot oil pre-poo. I also apply it to wet hair after a wash.

carameldiva said:

Hey CDiva, where do u get these oils? They sound so yummy! I'm a serious oil nutt :lachen: I always have coconut oil cause my mom either brings it from the islands for me, or makes it herself, but I want to get my hands on some others as well..TIA

I mix a little drop of extra virgin coconut oil with Lacio Lacio and it works wonders. You can get it from the health food store. It's called Garden of Life and it smells good, not overpowering. It's also good for moisterizing your skin. You can also cook with it, it's helps with weight loss.

Back