What is a good % of sulfur for results?

ShiShiPooPoo

Will you get decent results with 1%? How about 20% I've seen a couple of products with sulfur as the active ingredient but not sure what % is a good %. What % of sulfur is in BT? If someone knows please advise.

Did you mean 20% or 2%? I'm not sure, but 20% sulfur seems kinds of high. I'm sure the scent would be overbearing too.

Hey Joi
I JUST put some on tonight and was thinking the same thing. My scalp feels great. I know this is a LHCF sin but I remember it worked growing up.

Sulphur 8 works. :yep: I haven't bought it as an adult though probably because of the smell :look: but it's pretty good stuff.
I prefer to eat my sulphur, such as eggs, onions, garlic, cabbage, etc.

Ladies, I keep reading that there are some out there that is using Sulphur 8. It's been awhile since I've used the product; but, if I remember correctly it contains petroleum and mineral oil. Is my memory still working???

Ladies, I keep reading that there are some out there that is using Sulphur 8. It's been awhile since I've used the product; but, if I remember correctly it contains petroleum and mineral oil. Is my memory still working???

Yes you are correct.

I love my S8 petro and all. Don't have dandruff so not sure how it works for that but my temples and nape have grown in since using it so I am satisfied. Also my scalp looks healthier (if that makes sense) since I started using it.

i dont know how much the % was... but i added a few big pinches of sulfur powder to my sulfer 8 grease and have been using it for about a week now. i love the warm tingles it gives my scalp (almost like it's just been massaged).

I saw a 10% Sulfur Ointment near the Black Hair Products in Family Dollar. I'm sure of the brand (I remember it was a hispanic product). I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if 10% was too much for your scalp.:ohwell:

Hey Platinum
That's the kind that I'm using. It 10% in the Hispanic section. So far so good. I noticed major growth in 2 weeks. I'll post pics soon.

Thank you for this thread. Most mexican markets sell Sulphur (azufure) in packets that are 0.84-1.99. Mixing this with grease, oil, or butter would be great for my scalp. I will use about an 8-10% concentration of it.

Soooo.... Sooo... Sooo... Funkdafieddddd!!!!

OK, so MSM is the same sulfur right??? I have the powder and have been mixing it with coconut oil. Is this the same????

I saw a 10% Sulfur Ointment near the Black Hair Products in Family Dollar. I'm sure of the brand (I remember it was a hispanic product). I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if 10% was too much for your scalp.:ohwell:

Wow, I wish you knew the brand. I may have to check that out!:yep:

Is this the brand?

de_la_cruz_sulfur_ointment_10_reviews_263869_raw.jpg

Azufre20site.jpg

Last edited:
Back