What in the world is an Establishmentarian....

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Can someone please explain to me what the above word means and also what an Executive Pastor is.

One of my former students and her husband is starting a new ministry and has been sending out fb notices and email. That is all find and good. So I look at the email last night and I see the signature. The signature read:

Past C.B, Establishmentarian
Lady D.B., Executive Pastor.

Why does everyone have to have a title and now we are just making stuff up just to sound good. I just can't no more.

Why can't we just be children of God. If you were called into ministry just do what you were called to do without all of the fancy name calling.

I'm just done. Can someone please school me on what these titles mean.

Does this ministry have a sound biblical doctrine and is it Christ centered? I never heard of this term and would question it.

To be honest I have never heard of the term and my dad and husband both are in the ministry.

Hopefully there is more to the doctrine than what you have noted...

Thank you! "When the roll is called up yonder," Jesus likely won't be reading out our name as Pastor J. Brown, Ph.D., J.D., Establishmentarian. That being said, I have no idea what it means. :nono:

Can someone please explain to me what the above word means and also what an Executive Pastor is.

One of my former students and her husband is starting a new ministry and has been sending out fb notices and email. That is all find and good. So I look at the email last night and I see the signature. The signature read:

Past C.B, Establishmentarian
Lady D.B., Executive Pastor.

Why does everyone have to have a title and now we are just making stuff up just to sound good. I just can't no more.

Why can't we just be children of God. If you were called into ministry just do what you were called to do without all of the fancy name calling.

I'm just done. Can someone please school me on what these titles mean.
I've never heard of these terms and seems as if they are 'self-created' or they heard it somewhere else and it 'appealed' to them. This happens. :yep:

I wouldn't doubt their love for Jesus, but if they begin to teach false doctrines or behave in a pious or high minded, holier than thou, manner, then you will fully understand their selective use of the titles beside their names.

Notice, they didn't sign their full names, yet fully displayed the 'titles'; now this says volumes. They 'appear' as they are not used to being 'the head' of an organization, and now they finally are, the title holds more value then their actual names.

I hope I'm wrong, it just seems that they want to feel 'important'. In Jesus, they are, but they don't seem to 'feel' it without a title. They are probably the most loving people in the world, but they have a low image of themselves without a title.

Ladies,

I know them well personally and I will say that they do want to be important. Those of each who really know them is feeling that it is more about them then God. There is alot going on with this situation. I really wanted to know if anyone else had heard of this and maybe could shred some light on what these words meant. Like I said before I'm at a loss right now over the entire situation.

Shimmie, I didn't see what you originally wrote but knowing you you probably hit the nail right on the head :-).

Ladies,

I know them well personally and I will say that they do want to be important. Those of each who really know them is feeling that it is more about them then God. There is alot going on with this situation. I really wanted to know if anyone else had heard of this and maybe could shred some light on what these words meant. Like I said before I'm at a loss right now over the entire situation.

Shimmie, I didn't see what you originally wrote but knowing you you probably hit the nail right on the head :-).

I'll send you a PM, so as not to offend. :yep:

I don't care for titles, they won't guarantee a place in heaven for anyone.. but I do respect people's preferences to be acknowledged for their accomplishments. If a pastor happens to also have a doctorate and prefers to be addressed as the Rev. Dr. so and so, I'll address him as such.

I've never heard of the term in reference to the church before, either. Learn something new every day....

God bless.

I agree 100% about Pastors with doctorate being addressed as such, my problem is that nowadays everyone is a bishop, apostle, prophet/ess, etc. It is like everyone has to have a title to be important. Now there is Executive Pastor and he is the Establishmentarian. It is just be sound and be important. What about the word what about the word?

I don't care for titles, they won't guarantee a place in heaven for anyone.. but I do respect people's preferences to be acknowledged for their accomplishments. If a pastor happens to also have a doctorate and prefers to be addressed as the Rev. Dr. so and so, I'll address him as such.

I've never heard of the term in reference to the church before, either. Learn something new every day....

God bless.

Back