What if.....?

sunshinelady

Hey y'all:

Please don't clown me, but I was wondering...You know how with curly perms, you have to use rods in order to get a curly look. Do you think something like this could be done with a relaxer? Would it permanently look like a braidout?

I'm not sure but for some reason I think that you would have to neutralize the hair while it was still on the rods to get a permanent curl. But I would think if you wanted a permanent curl you should get a curly perm instead of a relaxer.

Yeah... it was called a Jherri Curl...:lachen: :lachen::lachen::lachen:No but seriously, didn't Design Essential put out something like that in the late 70s. Maybe it was another company. It made the hair look like a non greasy Jherri Curl. Does anyone remember this?

sunshinelady said:
Damn you TNorenberg! :lachen: You're so right!

Ha, ha. I did think that was kind of funny. I guess the closest thing to it now would be texlaxing, but the curls would not be uniform of course. Sorry for being a smarty pants :D :wasntme:

I actually went to the dominican salon near my house and they sugessted what you are mentioning when I was inquiring whether or not they could do a silkener like Curve Salon. The lady said she calls it "DRY CURL". She uses affirm relaxer and sets the hair on regular magnetic rollers while processing. She said it will allow people to get bigger, lest tight/kinky curls when they washngo and be able to blow dry straight, similar to a texlax. I opted not to venture out on that end, but it sounds interesting.

Back