WHAT I LEARNED TODAY..and why i love this board:)

Prettyinpink00

RELAXED HAIR IS VERY SENSITIVE and delicate. thats wat i learned over the pass two days. As most of you know i relaxed my hair two weeks ago and i had a really good relaxing experiencce. I mean i love my hair this way. I love it because its easier to deal with and i can wear it how i want it with less stress. I love this "new hair" of mine so much that i slacked off on my hair care. On and off during my first two weeks of having relaxed hair i have been sleeping on cotton pillow cases, putting any ole moisterizer in my hair, and just str8 up neglecting it. On thursday my hair was great, still sliky and healthy looking. Then once again i just threw my hair in a pony tail with a banana clip and went str8 to sleep on that COTTON PILLOW case, and i sleep wild so you know when i woke up my hair was all over. Long story short, i promise you over night I developed HORRIBLE LOOKING ends i mean when i tell you i almost had a heart attack from the condition of my hair, i was two seconds away form dialing 911. My hair looked a mess, greasy, trashy ends, just a nightmare. So i called my sylist and told her i needed an appointment ASAP, she said she could fit me in for Sun. I didn't even wait that long i tried to convince the people at discount-beauty.com /images/graemlins/phone.gif to next day deliver some Keracare products so i could fix my hair my dang self. They said i wouldn't get it the next day cause its the weekend /images/graemlins/confused.gif :cry:
Long story short my stylist fit me in for today and she treated my hair and its back to normal. I cut about a 1/2 inch but it looks soooooooo much better now. So i have learned that relaxed hair is super delicate and that i really need to take care of it. So learn from my mistake guys. DON"T SLACK OFF. especially with relaxed hair, take good care of it. /images/graemlins/king.gif

PS. Keracare products are DA BOMB!!!!!

oooo i forgot to say why i love this board. I love this board because i am no longer ignorant when it comes to hair care. If this was me a year ago i would have just washed my hair with some good ole dollar store shampoo and then watch it dry up like a dead leave. I woudn't know that a silk pillow case is best to sleep on, or that relaxed hair equals MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE! and i would have any where to go to type this long a$s message./images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'll be posting pics really soon.

Im glad everything worked out well for you!!
I havent tried any keracare products but I most definately will...
and yes these boards are the greatest...I never took care of my hair and thats why it stayed the same length for so long...but now its healthy and im nursing it taking care of it so i can have long lush locks like everyone else on the board!!

You're definitely right about not slacking off when it comes to relaxed hair. It definitely requires constant moisture and babying the ends to keep them from breaking. KeraCare products are excellent for relaxed hair, Humecto is my personal favorite. Sorry you had to have your ends clipped, but with consistent care you'll gain that length back in no time.

YEP u guys are right. I made a typo, i didn't cut 1 1/2 inch cut 1/2 inch and a inch in one or two places.

I LOVE THIS BOARD SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, no joke.

I got my laptop this week and since then i've been able to spend more time on LHCF cause i can visit ya'll while i'm in bed /images/graemlins/spinning.gif. And i'm learning so much more, you should see me with my little notebook writing as i go through the topics, lol.

Back