What heck should I do???

nomadpixi

I would have use the search function but it's acting funky again.

Bottom line: my hair is uneven. I mean REALLY uneven. So uneven, I feel uncomfortable showing pix. I know for a fact, my hair is thinner, and shorter than it was almost 2 years ago(and I started LHCF way before that):wallbash:. I used silk elements last year, and it thinned my hair something fierce. I then tried to redeem my hair by switching to Design Essentials and at least got back some of the thickness, but not much. I don't use heat AT ALL any more and I try to deep condition 2x per week with silk aminos. It's better, but still kind of on the thin side. In the back, it's 3in from APL, but the sides are still about chin length.

Would you trim till it's all the same length, or just keep going until you got to APL and then gradually trim? I'm just kind of loosing faith.

Help!!!

I would probably do small trims until it evens up so it wouldn't be such a shock. I know what it's like to struggle with uneven hair. It drives me nuts if I don't try to even it up. I'm so self-conscious of it that it's better for me to try to even it up so it's not on my mind worring me so much.

i would definitely gradually trim. thats what i did when my hair used to look like this about a year ago:

Pic026.jpg

i couldnt bring myself to chop it off so i just kept it tied up and trimmed gradually. whats your regimine??

I would have use the search function but it's acting funky again.

Bottom line: my hair is uneven. I mean REALLY uneven. So uneven, I feel uncomfortable showing pix. I know for a fact, my hair is thinner, and shorter than it was almost 2 years ago(and I started LHCF way before that):wallbash:. I used silk elements last year, and it thinned my hair something fierce. I then tried to redeem my hair by switching to Design Essentials and at least got back some of the thickness, but not much. I don't use heat AT ALL any more and I try to deep condition 2x per week with silk aminos. It's better, but still kind of on the thin side. In the back, it's 3in from APL, but the sides are still about chin length.

Would you trim till it's all the same length, or just keep going until you got to APL and then gradually trim? I'm just kind of loosing faith.

Help!!!

Hey Pokahantas, Flawed Beauty-Thanks so much for answering me.

My regimen is deep condition only wash 3-4 days with conditioner mixed with small amounts of silk amino acid and honeyquat. This stays in for about 1hour or more. I then use my shower comb to get the hair into a ponytail, slap some coconut oil on the hair and braid the ends, leaving it to dry. Once every week or more I use a shikakai bar to wash the hair. I'm kind of inconsistent with MTG use, but I do try to use it at least 2-4 times per week. Helps me get a little more than an inch per month

That's pretty much it. I do agree, I think I'll cut about an inch this month. I'm going to wait until about June to trim it again. I think the hair is thicker where I've started relaxing with Design Essentials, but that part is only about 4 inches long and I'm not about midget-ize my hair quite that much.

Thanks ladies.

Back