What have I done?

babygirl89

I guess everyone has a time when they completely mess up their hair.

I've been using S Curl everday for 2 weeks, since my hair is very dry. First it worked wonders and decreased shedding. Now it causes it. My hair looks thinner than it was before I first started using it. I'm afraid i'll wake up with bald spots! Plus my hair seems weaker and too soft.I decided that I wanted to go natural a couple of months ago. I guess this gives me another reason to. I don't go to the hair dresser until Wednesday. Until then, i'm afraid my hair will keep getting thinner and thinner and there's nothing I can do. I can't wash it. I have hard water, and we haven't gotten our filter yet. Also I ran out of conditioner
frown.gif
. I'm sorry I even thought of buying that stuff. I guess too much of a good thing has horrible results.

Also would you recommend transitioning with my hair in this state? I'm 14 and I still look young (I look about 11 ), so the big chop wouldn't look quite right with my face, and i'm not into weaves. Also what is a style won't put too much stress on my hair, but at the same time reduce breakage between my natural hair and relaxed hair (I don't have much new growth yet)? I Sorry for all the questions. I'm just so mad that I used this stuff too much. Thanks!

babygirl dont worry about that coz we all make mistakes at some time and well, u're not the only one whose noticed that the s-curls makin their hair too soft coz there was a recent thread about this
smile.gif

u should decrease the s-curl u're using and use it in moderation and well if that doesnt work, u may have to discontinue use of it immediately
smile.gif
i've reuced my usage to once a week now and hope this will work cozi love me some s-curl
smile.gif

how often do u deep contition?? this may also be a determining factor coz mayb thats all yo hair needs at this moment
smile.gif

here's a link to the thread i mentioned and good luck on yo visit to the hair-dressers on wednesday
smile.gif

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=60127&Forum=All_Forums&Words=s%20curl&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=58069&Search=true#Post60127

S-Curl mixed with gel is one of the things that saved my hair--I'm sorry this has happened to you.

My advice would be to leave it alone. Wear it in a bun until you can see your hairdresser. The wrong protein conditioner might make it hard and cause more breakage and a moisturizing conditioner wouldn't help since you say your hair already too soft and weak...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also what is a style won't put too much stress on my hair, but at the same time reduce breakage between my natural hair and relaxed hair

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm transitioning also. I wear my own hair in a bun and cover it with a fake afro puff. It's not the most exciting style in the world, but it is a fast, low manipulation hairdo.

S-curls or any product that contains a lot of glycerin does the same thing to my hair. You may be like me....one of those people who just can't use it.

I can use, but I dilute mine. Otherwise, my hair won't hold it's texture for braidouts. Try adding some water, this way you can still use but it won't make your hair too soft.

I completely agree with Nita4. I was using the S-curl daily and it was also making my hair weak and overly soft. I decided t dilute it with water and now it is perfect for daily use. It moisturizes and softens without being greasy or weakening the hair. This is the only way I will use it now.

Back