What have ever done to your hair that you regret?

Messing with that Dominican Salon and having them destroy my thick natural hair in just two visits.

However it led me to being loc'd and I'm loving that. Sooo.

I regret my recent bc. I should have just transitioned. While I like the ease of not really having to do my hair. I realized i'm not a baldie type of girl. I just don't feel as cute. Patiently praying for 3 - 4 inches.

When i was in high school i put a glued in weave in my hair. Never again my hair cut up from all that mess.

Lace fronts. Nobody told me they snatch the edges. Luckily, they quickly recovered. Never again tho.

I regret --

- Not having the confidence to experiment with natural ingredients sooner and make my own treatments/conditioners

- Not having the confidence to do my own relaxers sooner

- Not reading and understanding the ingredients in my hair products

- Adopting other people's regimens. I did this for about a year and that was a costly bad idea, for my bank account and hair.

- As an attachment to the last point: Letting people talk me into doing certain things to my hair because I'm black. Example: Oil. My hair does not like oils unless they are well mixed into a premade conditioner. All of my hair dressers always said they couldn't do HOTs on me because my hair did not need it and it would make it greasy. Well, I let other people talk me into it and it was a bad, bad idea. I can't get that stuff out of my hair to save my life without a couple of washes with a good shampoo. And letting people tell me that hair cutteries (sp?) like Great Clips and Supercuts were only for white people. Talent is talent.

- Not using common sense lol. I have a simple regimen now because even though I experiment with different brands/ingredients, I know what my routine is and if a product doesn't fit in one of the steps, I'm not going to buy it just to "try it out" and make extra work for myself.

I'm sure there's more but those are pretty much the basis of why I ever had problems with my hair.

Back