What happened to MN, BT, and the other Growth aids?

FtrDrO

I know that everyone is doing Megatek and OCT now. Are these better than, for instance, MN? Do you notice more growth from these growth aids as compared to MN, BT, etc?

Great question!!!! I use Mega Tek and my hair is thicker but I want my hair to be longer!!!! I think once I finsh my bottle I will start using MT again!!!

I have beemine which is pretty much the same as BT

One night my scalp felt like it was on fire and that was the end of me using sulfur

I use MoeGroe Oil but I do love BT thought! I might get some more after I use all of this! Beemine did nothing for me...

i used to use my MN w. my MTG. one day when i ran out of MN and just used the MTG alone i realized i got more growth just using the MTG by itself. so now i alternate MT w. MTG

I tried BT and Gro-Aut oil. Even though I only used a small amount, they made my hair shed like crazy. I lost a lot of hair.

I currently use bee mine. It was waaaaaay too oily tho :nono:
So I poured a small amount of it into an essential oil mix I already had

I am seeing some growth now :grin:

I mix all mine up in a squeeze bottle with Amla and Vatika oil. I apply a small amount to my scalp since I'm in braids, concentrating on my slow growing sides. I won't be able to tell till next week whether the hair between the scalp and the braid is new growth or slippage but I'm very excited about what "looks" like new growth.

I stopped using everything else once I started with the OCT because:

1. It works!!
2. It's not greasy/oily
3. There's no stink
4. It's actually produced for human hair!
5. It has a 100% money-back guarantee

That was enough for me. Only topical growth aid needed. Period.

I love the scented BT - I used it for the better part of last year and got good results/healthy scalp. After I finished my last bottle I started using MegaTek which gives me slightly more growth

I never tried MTG b/c of the oily bacon mess factor, and MN gave me headaches which wasn't worth it. Megatek doesn't run or stain, a bottle lasts a good while, it's pretty cheap, it's effective, and it smells a little like coconuts. :yep:

I stopped using MN because I was getting really painful sores on my scalp. Something in that did not agree with me!

I stopped using BT even though I got great growth because (a) I couldn't deal with the smell (even the scented kind) and (b) the oil was too much for my thin hair.

I am loving MT because it smells good and my thin hair is getting thicker. I also ordered OCT (it should be here tomorrow) because I want length. I plan to alternate them by putting MT on my scalp 4 days a week and OCT on my scalp 3 days a week.

I definitely seem to have had faster growth with MN and even my own sulphur mix, however the MT has thickened my hair very noticeably PLUS it doesn't have any application problems for me (dryness, oiliness etc)...

I definitely seem to have had faster growth with MN and even my own sulphur mix, however the MT has thickened my hair very noticeably PLUS it doesn't have any application problems for me (dryness, oiliness etc)...

Same thing here. I love the thickness that MT is giving me, but it seems like I get faster length with the MN, so for now, I am alternating with both of these and I am trying to figure out how to fit Ova into my routine. :rolleyes:

I still use BT occasionally. What is OCT?

OCT = Ovation Cell Therapy. It's from the same company that makes Mega Tek but it has been reformulated slightly for human hair needs.

As far as I can tell the Mega Tek and Ovation Cell Therapy work in (sort of) opposite ways.

Mega Tek = thickness then growth

Ovation = growth then thickness.

I am going to start using both to try to get some balance between the two.

OCT = Ovation Cell Therapy. It's from the same company that makes Mega Tek but it has been reformulated slightly for human hair needs.

As far as I can tell the Mega Tek and Ovation Cell Therapy work in (sort of) opposite ways.

Mega Tek = thickness then growth

Ovation = growth then thickness.

I am going to start using both to try to get some balance between the two.

thanks for sharing this! I plan on purchasing the MT to start and chart my progress until Jan. Hopefully, it will work for me.

I'm still using BT and getting good results. I may try to incorporate OCT in the winter since my hair always grows slower during the colder months.

I stopped using MN because I was getting really painful sores on my scalp. Something in that did not agree with me!

I stopped using BT even though I got great growth because (a) I couldn't deal with the smell (even the scented kind) and (b) the oil was too much for my thin hair.

I am loving MT because it smells good and my thin hair is getting thicker. I also ordered OCT (it should be here tomorrow) because I want length. I plan to alternate them by putting MT on my scalp 4 days a week and OCT on my scalp 3 days a week.

Don't forget that you have to rinse it out. Will you be washing your hair everyday? Here is the most recent MT/ OCT thread. I didn't know until I read this that I was supposed to rinse out and DC after my MT! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=278965&highlight=dontspeakdefeat

Happpy Hair Growing! :)

I'm still using MN and BT. Since I started using I seem to have gotten better handle on my scalp issues. BT mainly is the one that has helped the most with itching and flaking. I would love to try OCT to get greater length but I can say that the other two growth aids have been working well for me. I won't really be able to see how much growth I have because I am currently in a sew in. I'll will be taking it out in a couple of weeks so I'll be able to post update pics once I tame the bush! :lachen:

Don't forget that you have to rinse it out. Will you be washing your hair everyday? Here is the most recent MT/ OCT thread. I didn't know until I read this that I was supposed to rinse out and DC after my MT! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=278965&highlight=dontspeakdefeat

Happpy Hair Growing! :)

Actually, I don't rinse it out. I put it on my scalp only. I do co-wash my hair on Mondays and Wednesdays and do a shampoo wash on Saturdays--all with deep conditioning.

I have tried everything listed on here I think I missed one or two beemine no never tried that or moegro but everything else. What worked for me that I can see right away was mtg but I didn't, wouldn't take the smell. I quite after one month. I been using MT and OT off and on for several months I started consistently using them and I have seen growth in a matter of days. No question about it, its what works. I am actually going to see Armpit in a few months.

For me, it has been MN and MT but I don't use them together. MTG worked for me too but the oil getting on the back of my uniform shirt was too much.

I haven't used any of these products yet, but am trying to figure out which one would be the easiest to deal with in terms of smell, application, etc. My hair is already thick, so I'm interested in obtaining more length (and of course maintaining my thickness). Which would you guys suggest? TIA!

Back