What Hairstyles Bring You the Most Compliments...

Isis

outside of the hair boards? These may or may not be your personal favorites but those others compliment you on the most.

For example, when I wear a low side bun, braided or non-braided, I seem to get the most compliments from males and females. I don't see it much differently than wearing it low in the back but apparently, it makes a difference. Which hairstyles do you wear that are sure to bring you compliments?:)

CARUSO ROLLERS! I get tonsss of compliments when I use them :) oh and simply combing my bangs (that have almost grown out) to the side of my face and cliping my hair up with a bear claw... It looks fancy to some people... some how.

When I use to wear braid-outs, I received the most complements on my hair and also when I wear my hair in a bun with a piece on each side hanging down (like the pic in my avatar).

My co-workers like my rollersets. Especially when it's fresh on Monday mornings. I dont like when they put their hands in my hair though b/c i'm like "THERE IS A TWA AND FONKY MTG UNDERNEATH ALL THESE CURLS!!!" I hate when people touch my hair!! I hate it!

Most people like it curly whether it's braid outs, twist out or roller sets. But I get tons of compliments from Indian men and women when it's straight.

I get a lot of compliments when I flat iron my hair. I usually sport a wash and go.

Last edited:
Usually a fresh rollerset gets me the most compliments. Something about flowy, bouncy hair just mesmerizes people.

Ronda123 said:
When I use to wear braid-outs, I received the most complements on my hair and also when I wear my hair in a bun with a piece on each side hanging down (like the pic in my avatar).
When I wear my buns, I too like having tendrils on one or both sides. It really does add to the look and gives a hint on the hair length.

I get the most compliments when I wear my hair straight, up or down. I got a lot of complement this holiday season with my shoulder-length kinky straight phony pony, curled under at the ends ;)

Years ago, I used to do small/tiny twists, and then curl them on rollers overnight... I'd get a LOT of complements :)

Twist-outs was another big one, with women especially.

Individual braids always get the attention of men.

When I wear either a twistout or flat iron my hair. People actually tell me how THEY prefer my hair all the time...it's either Twistouts or Flat ironed straight.

I usually wear a bun on the daily, so when I flat iron my hair or do a bantu knot out, people I work with are like, "I LOVE YOUR HAIR!"

I get compliments on my hair all the time "its sooo pretty" when I wear it straight, bun, but i get the most attention when i have two strand twists, men go crazy, i wish I had known this before...

Isis said:
outside of the hair boards? These may or may not be your personal favorites but those others compliment you on the most.

For example, when I wear a low side bun, braided or non-braided, I seem to get the most compliments from males and females. I don't see it much differently than wearing it low in the back but apparently, it makes a difference. Which hairstyles do you wear that are sure to bring you compliments?:)

Among my friends and even strangers or my industry circle everybody love my twist outs. they want me to stay like that forever. they dont like my cornrows, neither my free form afro or my two ponytails ahahha they just want me to keep my hair in twistouts. The funny thing since i went natural i have way more options my hair is so elastic and i can do cowash even daily i dont have to worry anymore of my hair. i think since i havent used heat for 6months my hair has thrived. even waistlength i think i will rock twistouts it would make my hair look midback its cool

I get compliments when I wear my hair curly after a rollerset and when I wash and flat iron it myself from adults. My students actually compliment me on my hair when it looks a mess (at least in my opinion). Gotta luv da kids!:grin:

When I wear it flatironed (sorry folks I'm goin natural lol) and when I wear it in a big bouncy rollerset.

Like some of you ladies said, I get a lot of braidout compliments also from men and women. I wish I knew how to do this before I found the hair boards! Actually, I did wear braidouts as a little girl when my mother would take the braids (usually 2)out so I could wear my hair loose...

:lachen:
shellzfoshizzle said:
My co-workers like my rollersets. Especially when it's fresh on Monday mornings. I dont like when they put their hands in my hair though b/c i'm like "THERE IS A TWA AND FONKY MTG UNDERNEATH ALL THESE CURLS!!!" I hate when people touch my hair!! I hate it!
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I smell ya...I mean feel ya girl!!

Funky bacon juice head for life!

i usually get a lot of compliments when i wear it straight after rolling and wrapping it, or when it is spiraled.

Back