What hairstyles are you wearing now?

Ipanema

Or what's a good hairstyle that you've been seeing lately or a hairstyle you want to have? My go to style was really good for a while, but then some things changed. I wanted to try a new hair color, so started wearing wigs instead of changing my hair color permanently. Then when I went back to long braids, my hair was thin and scalpy at the crown, which was really embarrassing for me. Then I went through a head scarf phase to cover that up. Well, that situation resolved itself and my hair is thick at the crown again, but I don't want to wear wigs, braids, or scarves anymore. I want a carefree, stylish look, but not too bohemian.

I really like this style. It looks so carefree. I'm hoping I can get a similar look.
graywaves.jpg

I want some curly tree braids with human-like fiber, but not actual human hair. I want it to still look good when it's old. I want it to dry fast, and I want it to be as low maintenence as possible. Also I want a good silk press and trim, but I don't just want anyone to be touching my hair.

I’ve wanted to do some passion twists for forever but 1. The time it takes 2. The cost for someone else to do it seems ridiculous 3. Potential damage/ removal time doesn’t seem to have a positive outlook

I bought the hair in case I end up wanting to do so for an upcoming trip in a couple months. I still have some patchiness from over 8 years of sew-ins so I have no business looking at anything other than super low tension styles. These days I live in claw clips but I miss my extensions sometimes.

Its mini twist for me. I had decided to become a straight natural but having health issues and medications that has cause a lot of shedding. My fine hair has thin out something serious. So I will continue with mini twist and heavy sealing on wash days for a while.

@Ipanema I love that tousled gray hairstyle! I can pull off the look, but not the color. My gray isn't coming in that pretty just yet.

I am boring with my hairstyles. I wear ball cap for errands and a bun all other times. Here's me from earlier today:

View attachment 498440
It is lovely, isn't it? I got that photo from a curlbox.com article talking about normalizing not slicking down your edges to make baby hair. :giggle:

Back