What Hair Vitamins Do You Use?

Platinum

Forgive me if this is a repeat topic (don't beat me up, I'm still a newbie:drunk:)... I'm curious. What brand of hair vitamins is everyone using? How long have you used them? How long did it take before you started seeing progress?

I used to use Ultra Hair but I wasn't consistant.

*Big Ups to RabiaElaine, who I met on another site. She told me about LHCF and using Biotin*

I use "OneSource Prenatal" and "OneSource Hair, Skin and Nails" vitamins. I take turns with the vitamins during the week.

I take the Pink Pack from Lindberg Nutrution. There are 9 pills (yuck), but I've been taking them for about 2 months and the last time I took my braids out I lost WAY less hair than usual. You can google for the "Pink Pack to find out exactly what's in it. I feel more energetic too! Oh yeah, and I just started taking fish oil too...

Kerastase Densitive and Source Naturals Biotin 5mg. With the Densitive, I had reduced shedding in two weeks. With the Biotin, its hard to tell -- it seems to work for increased growth within 30 days but I have found that it works best if I take a 2-3 week break from it every few months.

I don't use hair vitamins, I use Usana for everything which has all the vitamins that I need for healthy hair, skin and nails.

I just started using SoundBody, and I picked up 6 bottles @ $2 each at my fav-o-rite store, Biglots!! Before that I was using Dollar General brand.

I used to use Rexall Hair, skin, and nail...loved them but ran out and now...I use 1 vit daily: Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate Woman, Futurbiotics biotin 2500 mcg, and GNC fish body oils 1000. I no longer use GNC chlorophyll. I'm not enthused on taking them.

Oh yeah, I forgot my GNC B Complex 125 with C...I gotta have the complex daily.

Last edited:
Viviscal
Nioxin Recharging Complex-purchased from ebay (cheaper there)
B50 complex-Puritan Pride
Biotin-PP
Evening Primrose Oil-PP
Flaxseed Oil-PP

ETA: I have taken a break from my vitamins because BT is all I need:grin: and I was also tired of 2 inch whiska's under my chin:perplexed

Here is a thread that lists the different vitamins that is good for overall health and contributes to good hair growth. Enjoy!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=220

Last edited:
before my bc i took GNC, flaxseed oil,msm,horsetail and HSN.
now i just take flax and horsetail. i think i might add msm back and thats it.

I take the Alta silica brand of silica and have had tremendous results. Growth/healthier hair!

Thank you Ladies. I forgot to mention that I used to take a very high potency multivitamin, B Complex, and Ultra Hair about 5 years ago. My hair grew out so fast and I had lots energy. But I stopped because I started having kidney problems. I'll start looking for something less potent mix.

Vitamin World MSM powder - been using for 3 months (When this runs out I have Source Naturals MSM powder, which I bought because it's cheaper.)
Vitamin Shoppe biotin - 1 month (Last week I placed an order for Puritan's Pride biotin since it's cheaper.)
omega 3 fish oil - 2 months - started with Vitamin Shoppe brand, but it hasn't been in stock lately so I switched to Spring Valley (Wal-mart brand)
Women's One-A-Day multi - a little over a month

Right now I'm taking:

Exotic Allure Fast Grow
Nature's Way MSM
Source Naturals Biotin
Solaray Bamboo Silica
GNC Kelp

When I run out of MSM and Fast Grow, I'm gonna cut them out of my reggie and replace them with a whole foods multivitamin and an omega 3-6-9 oil. I'm also gonna change the brands of my biotin, silica (I'm gonna change to Alta silica to join Vev's challenge) and kelp (GNC kelp is commercialized crap, I'm getting a higher quality brand next time)

Back