What Hair Style(s) Attract the Most Compliments for You?

Isis

This could be compliments from anyone (including yourself!).

For me so far, I receive the most compliments on my side buns, braided updos (people think I'm from another country), braidouts and roller/pin curl sets.

How about you? Which hair style or styles do you receive the most compliments on?:)

i get the most compliments from women when i wear my hair like the styles in my siggy, curled with flexirods.

i get the most compliments from men when i flat iron. :ohwell: i guess i will not be getting any of these compliments for awhile because i'm going back on a personal no-heat challenge.

When i wear it down i get the most compliments. It can be down and roller set, or down and blown out.

BUt i figure this is mainly because i wear buns everyday, so folks are shocked when i wear it down and they see the length.

I definitely get more compliments when I wear twistouts. I actually think I look pretty hot.:lol:

Why is that people (men especially) think you're bald-headed or short-haired when your hair's in a bun? I mean you have to have some length and/or fullness to get a decent or nice-looking one anyway!! That being said, no bun compliments for me :( !

When my hair is down with loose spiral curls with slightly bended ends (I call it my imitation doobie since I have no clue as how to make one). I'm getting ready to pick up braid-outs (finally had be a semi-successful one) :) !!

I get the most compliments when I have a fresh, yummy rollerset or when I have it blown out and flat-ironed poker straight. I call that one my "Marcia Brady".:lol:

I think people are just really attracted to hair that moves and looks soft and touchable.

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Why is that people (men especially) think you're bald-headed or short-haired when your hair's in a bun? I mean you have to have some length and/or fullness to get a decent or nice-looking one anyway!! That being said, no bun compliments for me :( !

When my hair is down with loose spiral curls with slightly bended ends (I call it my imitation doobie since I have no clue as how to make one). I'm getting ready to pick up braid-outs (finally had be a semi-successful one) :) !!

i dont know why they think like that. when i see a woman with a bun i assume she has a decent length cause i sure cant make a bun with my hair.

i got the most complements when i used to wear an updo but a scissor happy stylist made sure i never got to wear an updo again. :mad:

Curls have definitely been the majority of my hairstyle compliments. Both the spiral/flexirod set that my stylist does and also when I bought the Caruso set (thanks LHCF ladies! :up: ) I rolled my hair in medium/large spirals and got tons of compliments at work. :)

:lol:
locabouthair said:
i got the most complements when i used to wear an updo but a scissor happy stylist made sure i never got to wear an updo again. :mad:

Well, we'd be falling out :lachen: !

LOL, it must be a LHCF thing to know you can't be bald with a bun. Then again... There's this this lady my job that has the huge, fake-butt bun (looks bad, too :confused: ) and is trying to convince me how long her hair is growing when I can clearing see the ends of it gelled:eek: to the sides of her head where they're not even reaching the dern "bun" :cool: ! Now homegirl knows I told her I was down with the hottest hair clique out!! Don't be trying to get over on me-- especially with poor haircare habits :lol: !!

Oh, I also have an up/side-do where I take all my hair to my longest side (of course :grin: ) and spiral curl it, put in flower (or several little ones), and swoop some hair across my face. I look 12, though :ohwell:...

I receive most of my compliments when my hair is curly from a rollerset. When I add a colorful scarf as a headband to this style, I get more compliments by adding that simple touch.

I have to agree with the textured styles, bantu knot sets, twistouts & braidouts get the most compliments overall, whether it's down or clipped up...flat ironed looks get compliments from close friends that aren't used to seeing it that way often.

I get compliments when I wear my usual wash-n-go. When I flat iron, I get more, only because I so it so seldom. When I fro it, I think I get the most. I guess it's more that fact that I am not afraid to wear my hair any way I feel like wearing it, and I wear it with confidence. Shoot. Ain't that many of us up here, so why not stand out???:lol:

my wash and go and my braid outs. I agree with the poster that said white people really go wild over those styles. lol

Flat ironned get the most attention from men.

good2uuuu said:
I get compliments when I wear my usual wash-n-go. When I flat iron, I get more, only because I so it so seldom. When I fro it, I think I get the most. I guess it's more that fact that I am not afraid to wear my hair any way I feel like wearing it, and I wear it with confidence. Shoot. Ain't that many of us up here, so why not stand out???:lol:

I love your hair!

I get the most compliments from everyone but my own sisters when I wear my hair down wavy and curly, just the way it grows out of my head.

My sisters compliment me the most when I have my hair flat ironed stick straight.

Personally, I think I look better with curly hair. I think it just suits the shape of my face.

A lot of my compliments mostly come from Men only. I rarely ever get compliments from women except on this board:-).

Lets see...

Bantu Knot outs on dry hair-my usual style.
No compliments just looks.

Fresh Relaxer/touchup
wavy like and real flat...the Men be going crazy, like they hav never seen a women. Especially other ethnicities..white, Iranian, east indian, etc

ponytail or bun-
absolutely no compliments or attention..lol.

Stick Straight/flat ironed
-Get compliments from my family about length, a few compliments from older women and very long long silent stares from others

Braidouts-
I get most compliments/attention from Ethiopian men & women. I get a lot of what are you. Last nite at club about 5 men came up to me and said I had pretty hair.

Aaliyah style-
always get the aaliyah compliments, thats why I stopped wearin that style..lol

I got a lot of compliments on one of the falls I wore last week. I usually wear my natural hair pulled back. But I've been complimented on that if I wore it curly, though.

when i wear a curly long weave, men are hitting on me all day, and when i wear my real hair in rods, but when its just straight, i am damn near invisible i guess :( no compliments, but im working on that thats why im here.

sylver2 said:
A lot of my compliments mostly come from Men only. I rarely ever get compliments from women except on this board:-).

Sylver, you know with hair like that you probably intimidate the hell out of most people especially women you dont know, we all love your hair here, thats probably why its like that. I am just being real, i know if you walked into the room with all that, i would be like d@mmit lets go home, lol :)

Ambitious1013 said:
I receive most of my compliments when my hair is curly from a rollerset. When I add a colorful scarf as a headband to this style, I get more compliments by adding that simple touch.

Your hair is so pretty!

Back