"What exactly does DCing do to my hair?": explain it to a 13 y/o please...

lilsparkle825

I have my little sister on a pretty good hair regimen now that I am at school and only care for her hair when I go home every few weeks to redo her kinky twists (she has been wearing them consistently for about 4-5 months now). I know that she washes and DCs once a week like I instructed her to because my mom lets me know. But although we discussed hair care and things she can do/products she can use, she asked me this question and I didn't know how to answer her without getting all technical. Can anyone put it in English for her?

a deep conditioner perpetrates each strand adding either moisture or protein. both of them give the balance and the strength that each strand of hair needs. it also makes the hair more manageable and eliminates tangles and possibly knots/ dreading. dc'ing with heat gives a more intensifying moisture and you dont have to dc as long than oppose to no heat.
icon7.gif

girl your hair is growing:grin:

make sure if shes adding a lot of protein in her regimen tel her to follow up with moisture so she wont end up with major breakage.

I agree with Sexi Mami! Deep conditioning is a great way of keeping the hair healthy. Ladies with chemically treated hair need it most.

that's what i came up with...i'm telling her that it keeps her hair moisturized and healthy, because without it her hair would get dry/brittle and break off all that progress she has made in the past few months!

Back