What else holds hair in place other than...

Ladylynn

gel and sprintz? I want to start wearing more updo's, but I don't want to use gel or spritz to help lay down my edges and keep them straight. Right now I'm currently 9 weeks post and flat iron the roots only. Could wax do the trick?

Lets Jam, does the trick all the time to natural and relaxed hair, it really lays the hair down and does not dry hard and sticky. I like to use it when I do flat twist and french braids. :cool:

Murray's Superior Hair Dressing Pomade that comes in an orange can is excellent at holding down the edges. It's a very thick pomade however, it's only main ingrediants are petrolatum and mineral oil. HTH.

When I wear buns I just use a little Elasta QP mango butter. Don't have to use alot of it and it lasts all day. Keeps my hair soft. The smell is really perfumey but it's not bad.

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
When I wear buns I just use a little Elasta QP mango butter. Don't have to use alot of it and it lasts all day. Keeps my hair soft. The smell is really perfumey but it's not bad.

This works best for me as well.

ILuvsmuhgrass said:

Ditto:yep:

Back