What does hair with S-Curl look like? Pics Please.

Smiley79

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I would like to know if I applied S-Curl to my hair, what look would I achieve? Is it only for people with curly hair? I'm a lil confused. :spinning: My hair is currently relaxed and super short. (My goal is to no longer relax). Does anyone have pictures of that their hair looks like when S-Curl is applied please? I want to see if this could be a wash-and-go option for me as I adjust and grow out this BC. I've read a lot of raves about S-Curl but I'd be lying if I said I've ever seen the look. Thanks in advance.:thankyou:

Smiley girl, it's just used as a regular moisturizer. IDK if anyone uses it for curls, it's just used as a moisturizer :lol:

I just pictured someone with straight hair applying S-Curl and their hair turns into a Soul Glo commercial :lachen:

Okay, it's early and I'm still sleepy :lachen:

Only thing I can say is to try it and see. I have S-Curl Activator (lives under my bathroom sink) and I tried to use it to help my relaxer stretches, but I personally didn't like the coating it gave my hair and the scent. When I tried it, my hair was shoulder length.

I used to have a California curl back in the day and I think that those products work best when you 1) have that type of chemical process or 2) have naturally curly hair.

:lachen: You are too much Tiff. JUST LET YOUR SOULLLLL GLOOOO!!!!:grin: Now, i gotta go pop my Coming To America DVD in when I get home, lol.

I understand then, I'll keep it around to help manage new growth in the future then. I also read a lot of reviews raving about Elasta QP Mango. I'll try that one first since I don't have a lot of hair on my head.

OP are you referring to the S-Curl texturizer or the moisturizer? The one raved about most on this board is just the moisturizer I believe.

OP are you referring to the S-Curl texturizer or the moisturizer? The one raved about most on this board is just the moisturizer I believe.

I believe she means the moisturizer. From her post, I gather she's trying to grow out her processed hair and wanted to know if S Curl would work for her. When I first heard of curl activator being used on hair, I too envisioned a jheri curl and how the activator would "activate" curls on application giving you the Soul Glo look.

Last edited:
Smiley girl, it's just used as a regular moisturizer. IDK if anyone uses it for curls, it's just used as a moisturizer :lol:

I just pictured someone with straight hair applying S-Curl and their hair turns into a Soul Glo commercial :lachen:

:afro2: "Just let your soul glo, feeling oh so silky smooth!"

:afro2: "Just let your soul glo, feeling oh so silky smooth!"
Just let it shine, ooooooooh yeah
Just let yo SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUL GLO
images

This is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its just a moisturizer like others have said. I have relaxed scurl hair...check out my siggie!

If y'all are going to keep bringing up Soul Glo at least put some life into it:
7845_soulglo.gif

Oh no :blush::grin:!!!!............that's how my hair looked in the 80's!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I do use Scurl, both the Moisturizer & the Lite gel.
I normally apply both & just slick my hair back in a bun or ponie.

Back