What do you to rid your hair off beeswax buildup?

dlove

I used a mixture of a curl definer and put 100% beeswax and cocoa butter in it and it is building up. How do I rid my hair of the build of the beeswax? How do you rid your hair of 'cone build up?

TIA

Try clarifying or chelating...

ain't gonna work on beeswax :yep: unless she doesn't have that much of a build up. that's why some folks use it for locs - awesome water proofing :grin:.

beeswax is good but can be a debil to remove if you used too much. now the cones she can get rid of easily with the poo's.

I'm embarrassed to say but when I was in cosmetology school they taught us to us Pamolive liquid dish soap..follow-up with moisturizing shampoo & conditioner....

It actually works

dang - gotta be extra cautious with beeswax........a little goes a long, long, long way.

try this:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3607040.aspx

Really? Wow, did not know that.

Well I know if you get beeswax on fabric you can put paper between the fabric an iron over it to melt the wax...maybe she can put the fabric on her hair and run a flat iron over that. (you can only pass once then move to a clean piece of fabric)

I hope she gets it out. I wouldnt do anything drastic though, wont it just wear off?

dlove, it shouldnt be too hard to get it out just from that....unless u put a bunch of pure beeswax in your hair. I used to use the homemade curl pudding recipe from the recipe section of this board....and I think it called for a whole jar of beeswax mixed with cocoa butter and activator gel....anyway I used it every day for months and it still didnt cause that much build up. I just clarified or chelated every week or two and never had any problems.

Really? Wow, did not know that.

Well I know if you get beeswax on fabric you can put paper between the fabric an iron over it to melt the wax...maybe she can put the fabric on her hair and run a flat iron over that. (you can only pass once then move to a clean piece of fabric)

I hope she gets it out. I wouldnt do anything drastic though, wont it just wear off?

i hope she does too stellab.

dlove, it shouldnt be too hard to get it out just from that....unless u put a bunch of pure beeswax in your hair. I used to use the homemade curl pudding recipe from the recipe section of this board....and I think it called for a whole jar of beeswax mixed with cocoa butter and activator gel....anyway I used it every day for months and it still didnt cause that much build up. I just clarified or chelated every week or two and never had any problems.

This is exactly what I tried to make that "Miss Jessie's Buttercream" substitute recipe on my hair. Im going to try the vegetable oil removal technique to remove it.

This is exactly what I tried to make that "Miss Jessie's Buttercream" substitute recipe on my hair. Im going to try the vegetable oil removal technique to remove it.

what did it do to your hair? Is it really stiff/sticky or something? My hair always felt pretty normal...I just had to clarify more often than I normally would. I made the Miss Jessies Curl Pudding replica....havent tried the buttercream one.

what did it do to your hair? Is it really stiff/sticky or something? My hair always felt pretty normal...I just had to clarify more often than I normally would. I made the Miss Jessies Curl Pudding replica....havent tried the buttercream one.

I dont know if it was the pudding or the buttercream replica. The recipe from the thread below:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=59472

I used 100% beeswax.
I made about 3 different versions careful to use less and less of the beeswax in the mix. My first mix called for 2 oz, the second mixture 1 oz and the last version 1/2 to 3/4 oz. All three versions came out where it left my hair feeling a little stiff and white. I think my worst fear is that the coating will eventually dry out my hair, thus breaking it off. I sitting here with safflower oil on my head with a plastic baggy on. I am going to shampoo with ion clarifying shampoo.

Back