What do you ladies think about this mix?

Qualitee

Rosewater
Aloe Vera
Glycerin
Sily Amino Acid
Castor oil

Is this a good mix for moisture? What should I add or even take out?
How would you mix it?

That sounds like a great leave-in....just make sure to be conservative with the castor oil because it is very thick...I am using a mix of rosewater, rosemary and aloe vera in my hair now as a leave in...

If you're planning on using this as a spritz or spray I would avoid mixing in the castor oil altogether and maybe save that for sealing. The oil will be too heavy and the mix won't spray properly -- it would probably come out as a stream.

If you're planning on using this as a spritz or spray I would avoid mixing in the castor oil altogether and maybe save that for sealing. The oil will be too heavy and the mix won't spray properly -- it would probably come out as a stream.
So no castor oil? ok.........should I use a oil or no oil at all?

Good point. The mix suggested by OP is close to what I use when I am stretching. I don't add in the SAA or castor oil and I dilute the remaining mix with distilled water. I then seal with the castor oil or coconut oil (depending on the outdoor temperature).

Silk amino acid has protein in it, right?
Where can I buy rosewater, and aloe vera?

Lotioncrafters sells aloe vera juice - or you could pick some up at Walmart or a health food store. Not sure about the rosewater though.

SAA is a protein, as is Aloe Vera - but I've found that they help my hair retain moisture as opposed to drying it out the way hard proteins typically do.

Lotioncrafters sells aloe vera juice - or you could pick some up at Walmart or a health food store. Not sure about the rosewater though.

SAA is a protein, as is Aloe Vera - but I've found that they help my hair retain moisture as opposed to drying it out the way hard proteins typically do.
Thank you!!!!! So a majority of my mix should be rose water right? 1 oz of glycerin, 2oz of aloe vera, 1 oz of SAA does that should ok?

Thank you!!!!! So a majority of my mix should be rose water right? 1 oz of glycerin, 2oz of aloe vera, 1 oz of SAA does that should ok?

you can add some distilled water, as another poster mentioned. i use equal amts of rosewater and distilled water. you can buy the rosewater from whole foods or at vitacost.com. you can also add a few drops of grapeseed oil (much lighter than castor) and/or a squirt of your favorite conditioner.

i use castor oil after spritzing to seal in the moisture.

Back