Votes: 14 13.9%
  • nope never tried it

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • i have something better with better ingredients please state

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Liberianmami26

hey ladies
im new as you can tell and trying to build my regimen and looking for a good moisturizer i just wanted to know what you guys thought about wave noveau how well it moisturizes etc. I used to use breakthru by soft sheen carlson, couldnt find it (think they discontinued) at sallys it was aight, so i got olive oil moisturizer in the bottle its ok but the ingredients not so good it has petroleoum which i read is bad as mineral oil cuz its almost like the same thing you put in cars i think thats what it said cant remember.

but one of my roomates has like curls in her hair and uses wave noveau and the ingredients seem good no mineral oil or petrolatum and i read thru some link that moisturizer meant for people with curls are better and they listed scurl and wave noveau so im thinking about switching to wave noveau because of the ingredients and its accessible thru your local sallys/bss any info will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I have not used it, but I have heard of it being used as a moisturizer. I think it is in the same category as S-curl. I plan to try it some time in the future.

i'm relaxed....and i actually like it. i don't use it all over my hair b.c. it tends to be a little sticky afterwards. so i use it on my edges and my ends....but only when they're reeeeaaaallly dry. it instantly moisturizes it. so its always been a keeper for me

eta: oh yea....i do put it on wet hair as well. focusing on ng

Last edited:
thanx and sevetlana i meant to say the moisturizer itself
by the way thanx poochie love your hair just discovered i am also a 1/4 inch a month girl myself and yeah it is a lil sticky but if it does really moisturize im gonna need it for my roots that are 8weeks post since ill be putting my hair in a bun most of the time thanx for the feedback

I use Wave Nouveau, its my staple moisturizer. It moisturizes my hair better than S-Curl, although S-Curl is still a good product. It leaves my hair soft, smooth, moist and shiny. I will forever be loyal to my WN.

thanx sunshyne and your hair looks beautiful question does it leave ur hair oily cuz i know olive oil does even though its a nice cream moisturizer

I used to use it when my hair was short. I haven't used it in about 6 months. I got tons of it under the sink. I may just pull it out. I've been using Hairveda lately, but WN is my old standby.

No particular reason. I just started experimenting with other products. As my hair got longer, it didn't seem to have the same effect as it did when my hair was short. No problems though. I actually pulled it out last week, so I may use it this week and see what happens. I'll let you know on Friday.

thanx sunshyne and your hair looks beautiful question does it leave ur hair oily cuz i know olive oil does even though its a nice cream moisturizer

Your welcome! thanks for the compliment. I never experience oil hair from it. I guess it depends on how much you use. I use a quarter size amount per section.

I've used it but I wasn't overly impressed. I think this is one of those products that either works incredibly well for your hair or doesn't. I can't even pin-point what my issue was with it. I just felt like it was "sitting" on my hair instead of penetrating.

I;m actually using it right now! I have the bottle and I also have some of it in a spray bottle mixed with distilled water. It's great.

I;m actually using it right now! I have the bottle and I also have some of it in a spray bottle mixed with distilled water. It's great.

I just used it too!:grin: I like it because of the glycerin in it. I'm natural so I just wet my hair a little and apply the activator, during the week I use the spray. You can get both for about $10.00 and so far I have no complaints.

thanx ladies you guys are being helpful keep it coming and nayeli i tried a lil bit and it didnt feel like it was saturated not sure i probly was doing it wrong and i was only using a drop and i spread it all over my head so i have to try again

I WANTED TO TRY THAT ONE I COULD NOT MAKE UP MY MIND IN THE STORE I THINK I SAT THERE FOR A HALF HOUR GOING BACK AND FORWARD BETWEEN WN S-CURL AND CARE FREE CURL I PICKED CARE FREE CURL I LOVE IT MY HAIR IS SOFT SHINY I THINK IT'S A KEEPER

I used the moisturizer that looks like clear gel (finishing lotion) and used it to grow out my TWA. I found it moisturizing but not sticky and the smell was pleasant. I preferred this product to Scurl or stasoffro because of the smell and the fact that it was not too heavy, but moisturized my dry hair well. I usually co-washed and added Wave Nouveau, then a styler like Fantasia IC Gel or Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. I would purchase a small bottle and give it a try.

Ok, I washed today and used the mist and the finishing lotion. My hair feels great. I don't really know why I stopped using it. My hair feels fine. Not wet, just dry and moisturized. I put a little Vatika Frosting on last. It feels great. I think I just started using other things as my hair grew because I'm a PJ. This product works fine for me.

I used the moisturizer that looks like clear gel (finishing lotion) and used it to grow out my TWA. I found it moisturizing but not sticky and the smell was pleasant. I preferred this product to Scurl or stasoffro because of the smell and the fact that it was not too heavy, but moisturized my dry hair well. I usually co-washed and added Wave Nouveau, then a styler like Fantasia IC Gel or Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. I would purchase a small bottle and give it a try.

I used it the same way with success. I may have to go back to it.....

this product is very moisturizing and helps when trying to comb hair that is in need of a relaxer! However, the only reason I stopped using it, is because when I did get a relaxer, anytime i used this product it would make my hair look frizzy instead of sleek. I think this product is best for natural hair that is not worn straight. For instance, my aunt uses this on her little girl's hair and it does great in moisturizing and detangling her naturally curly hair.

Another product that I use in place of this is Softsheen Carson Care Free Curl...it makes my hair soooo soft and manageable, all the while keeping it moisturized. I switched to this product from the S-curl....the s-curl is nice but too sticky for me.

I wear my hair straight...so don't be confused by the name. You don't have to wear your hair curly in order to use the Care Free Curl product.

I have the Wave Nouveau Moisturizing finishing lotion and the Daily Humectant. I absolutely love the Daily Humectant ! It leaves my hair well moisturized never greasy and it lasts. I moisturize with it twice per day and seal with coconut oil. It has great shine.

Attachments

• ponytail 008.jpg
    ponytail 008.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 54
I just got some of this the other day. I've only used it once but I was amazed at the softness and shine I got from it. I like it so far, especially the shine part because s-curl dosen't have any shine to it.

i cant work that stuff into my regimen at all. i have two large bottle just sitting there.plus it smells to chemically for me. i need to start selling/giving away my hair products

Bumping,

When i was going though my stash i found the wave nouveau finishing mist. I forgot all about it:look:. I got it when i first went natural. Are any natural ladies using the mist and how do you like it? I was wondering should i try it or throw it away, its about 7 months old.

Back