What do you guys think of this? My lace front wig - PICS

foxieroxienyc

So here's my temporary weave alternative. I had this for a little while, but haven't really rocked it as much as I should. I'm doing a 6 month stretch which may turn into a transition (I'll decide when I get there), and I noticed I had some breakage in my crown, and then the other day I ripped some hair out with my denman brush - OUCH, it wasn't much but it was enough for me to throw that thing out the window. :wallbash: So I decided it's break time for my hair. And as I mentioned in an earlier thread, my agents want me with a weave now anyways, so this is a little alternative I'm going to present to them because the thought of not having access to my hair and scalp, risking loosing my edges, and having to install/take down/re-install all the time is just making me CRAZY. :look::nono:. I'd much rather do a lace front or full lace wig as an alternative. I'm going to show them these pics before I go into their office, what do you guys think?

**please don't quote the pics**
1-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

3-vi.jpg

4.jpg

5-vi.jpg

6.jpg

I don't remember the name of the wig nor the manufactuer. However I'll be getting another one if they approve this look (to at least shoot some new images in before I do a weave commitment if they want that). I had cut this hair from the original length which was more bsb-bsl. It's currently the length of my hair now, just a bit thicker.:rolleyes: Where's my castor oil?:look:

BTW - sorry I look busted, I don't have anything but eye liner on! I just washed my face and did an at home facial.

Last edited:
HI!

I think the lacefront looks really good and very natural and you have had it cut very well.

Just one question - do you think it will be easier to deal with the glue and tape issues rather than just get a sew-in? I am asking because I know you said you are a dancer and I know you must sweat alot.

It looks like it's your hair! I hope your agents are cool with it. The only issue I can see is in the last pic it's obvious in the front/part that it's lace. I could see that being a problem in photos (not that they'd be that close up, but you never know).

A good alternative to adhesives is sewing wig clips to the inside and using that to attach, by the way.

Pretty!! The lace is kinda visible in the front tho. The trick to hiding the lace or the grids is to make it more like your scalp colour. The ladies over at BHM use few a tricks like dying the lace or using bandaids under the lace. Also, are your knots bleached?

If you can, maybe practice dying the lace or bealching knots using an old wig until you get the techniques down pat. Lol, I've messed up a wig thinking I knew what I was doing.

Definitely check out the BHM LF section tho, if you haven't already.

Pretty!! The lace is kinda visible in the front tho. The trick to hiding the lace or the grids is to make it more like your scalp colour. The ladies over at BHM use few a tricks like dying the lace or using bandaids under the lace. Also, are your knots bleached?

If you can, maybe practice dying the lace or bealching knots using an old wig until you get the techniques down pat. Lol, I've messed up a wig thinking I knew what I was doing.

Definitely check out the BHM LF section tho, if you haven't already.

I agree. If you hide your gridlines, no one will be able to tell the difference.

I really like it. You're gonna have to look for the tag or something, cause I want to know what brand that is.:yep:

It looks very pretty and natural. You cut it very well.
The only thing is in the up close pic, you can see the lace where the part is.
If you find the manufacturer of this hair piece please post it.

I like it but I do agree that in the last photo you can see that it's a lace front.

Maybe use a different color wig cap? There are a ton of techniques posted on BHM.

Looks Good!!!

It looks like it's your hair! I hope your agents are cool with it. The only issue I can see is in the last pic it's obvious in the front/part that it's lace. I could see that being a problem in photos (not that they'd be that close up, but you never know).

A good alternative to adhesives is sewing wig clips to the inside and using that to attach, by the way.

I think it looks great, too. Super shiny!

People have already mentioned the mesh at the hairline.

I have one additional word of caution:

In the 5th pic, where you're showing the back of your head, the mesh from the wig is visible (see the horizontal lines?) I think it's maybe from where the hair is thinner. Maybe brushing it down would fix it, or pulling some of your own hair through to cover the webbing, I'm not sure.

HTH!

Last edited:
Wow! It looks like your hair! I would not have guessed at all. It's very flattering and you did a wonderful job on the cut!

Thanks guys I'm taking notes. Intresting thing is with the flash etc the camera sees all. In person its far more natural. This is just a lace front unit, not full lace, I like the full lace better (custom ones - scalp matched/bleached knots). I like the alternative to go back and forth until I settle on the weave. For the application, it's past my hair line and I actually only adhere the front, I pin the sides and back because glue scares me. I've danced in it plenty of times and that baby stays PUT. I'm going to the stylist recommended to me to get a consultation for the weave. I kinda hate fake hair but whatever, I love my own too much to ruin it.

Last edited:
It looks nice! I really like the cut.
You can also apply the lace behind your hair line with clips or bobby pins then just blend a small amount of your hair with the wig hair to hide the lace.

Do you have a cap on underneath? It doesen't look like it but a camel colored cap will make the lace blend better too.

Back