What Do You Do...

Msmia

What do you do when you seem to be all alone? When it seems everyone is turning or has turned against you?

I know there is HOPE and I stand on my FAITH. But I am so frustrated, and I spend alot of time crying. It's been a struggle for the past 2+ years and I feel like I am drowning.

What is causing to you cry so much? Do you have any family or friends to confide in? Who has turned against you?

I know most people will say "Pray on it", but it's not that easy since God is a spirit and not something physically tangible. So I feel for you when you say you seem to be all alone.

I turn to family but if family is not there, I'm forced to talk to God. Then I force myself to open the Bible and sometimes that stops the tears. I make it through each time.

If possible, can you elaborate more on your situation?

I allow myself to cry and talk to God. I also use those times to thank and praise him because I know in those times when I have no choice but to call on him He is drawing me closer to Him and He will never leave me. I also remember what he said in his word but I especially read Psalms 34:18.

I feel you, I really do. I've been going through that for a while now but it was because I stood for truth. I still have my down days (like today :look:) but the experience has resulted me getting closer to God and learning the truth about the ministry of His Holy Spirit.

I have been dealing with it by praying, fasting and praise. I've learned that God seems to prefer me opening my mouth and sing or talk about Him than just listening to praise and worship songs, although He has used many people's songs to minister to me in my loneliest hours. I also began to listen more to messages, words of songs, scripture reading, advise from a child. I realized that many others have gone through a similar season. I have also taken Joyce Meyer's advise, based on when she herself went through a similar experience, and pray for Divine connections and not just any type of friendship to fill my void.

Another thing is pray that you not just become suspicious of people but accept the faults of others and discern who truly is bent on trying to bring you down. That was critical for me because I was slandered and betrayed by very very close relatives and friends and the hurt was resulting in me just not trusting anybody in order to shelter my vulnerability.

Also I realised that I just have to let God fill the void not matter how much I craved human understanding and sympathy and I look out for others that I may comfort. I truly believe it's like going through a wilderness before God takes us into a better place. I may cry, rant, ask why God why, but I get up get in His word (especially Psalms) and trust Him for my daily dose of encouragement.

Last edited:
I feel you, I really do. I've been going through that for a while now but it was because I stood for truth. I still have my down days (like today :look:) but the experience has resulted me getting closer to God and learning the truth about the ministry of His Holy Spirit.

I have been dealing with it by praying, fasting and praise. I've learned that God seems to prefer me opening my mouth and sing or talk about Him than just listening to praise and worship songs, although He has used many people's songs to minister to me in my loneliest hours. I also began to listen more to messages, words of songs, scripture reading, advise from a child. I realized that many others have gone through a similar season. I have also taken Joyce Meyer's advise, based on when she herself went through a similar experience, and pray for Divine connections and not just any type of friendship to fill my void.

Another thing is pray that you not just become suspicious of people but accept the faults of others and discern who truly is bent on trying to bring you down. That was critical for me because I was slandered and betrayed by very very close relatives and friends and the hurt was resulting in me just not trusting anybody in order to shelter my vulnerability.

Also I realised that I just have to let God fill the void not matter how much I craved human understanding and sympathy and I look out for others that I may comfort. I truly believe it's like going through a wilderness before God takes us into a better place. I may cry, rant, ask why God why, but I get up get in His word (especially Psalms) and trust Him for my daily dose of encouragement.

Yep, yep. The wilderness.

Yes Msee. Wonderfully said especially the bolded. I've been there too.

What do you do when you seem to be all alone? When it seems everyone is turning or has turned against you?

I know there is HOPE and I stand on my FAITH. But I am so frustrated, and I spend alot of time crying. It's been a struggle for the past 2+ years and I feel like I am drowning.
Msmia, just hold on. God will get you through this. It's a strengthening process. Each time you go through these trials you come out a lot stronger. Trials don't last forever. Sunny days are ahead. God bless you.

In addition to what others have already said I force my self to remember or think on good things that God has done in my life. No kidding.:look: I'm not being overly spiritual either. I force myself to think about things he has promised for the future. I also force myself to remember how David had to be on the run, lived in dark, wet, rank, caves, and learned to encourage himself b/c there was no one else there for him (even though he was a wealthy king). How Job suffered huge losses in the same day yet stuck it out. Then I make myself think on how Jesus himself asked if it was possible to not have to go through the horrific end he was about to face but he did it in the end anyway. I cry. I hurt. I sing. I pray. Honestly in the end I just KIM. Read all of Ecclesiates chapter 3.
Ecc 3:4
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

^^ Thanks much for stating that. I have to do the same. I wrote down a list of things God has done for me and whenever I get down and out, I refer back to the list.

Sometimes you really just have to force yourself to do these things. Fight hard. The more you fight and force, the less difficult it becomes.

In addition to what others have already said I force my self to remember or think on good things that God has done in my life. No kidding.:look: I'm not being overly spiritual either. I force myself to think about things he has promised for the future. I also force myself to remember how David had to be on the run, lived in dark, wet, rank, caves, and learned to encourage himself b/c there was no one else there for him (even though he was a wealthy king). How Job suffered huge losses in the same day yet stuck it out. Then I make myself think on how Jesus himself asked if it was possible to not have to go through the horrific end he was about to face but he did it in the end anyway. I cry. I hurt. I sing. I pray. Honestly in the end I just KIM. Read all of Ecclesiates chapter 3.
Ecc 3:4
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

Very significant. You couldn't have wrote it better. I won't be surprise if you notice this happening without force in the middle of an intense prayer. The Psalmist David had that tendency, in the middle or end of some harsh rants he start talking about God's goodness. An example to follow.

Loolalooh, you said it sis.

Hey Sis,
WHen you seem to be all alone...YOU ARE NOT. God has PROMISED never to leave or forsake us. This is the time to hide in the presence of God...sometimes he removes everyone...so that we will focus on him.

Pour out your heart and feelings to him, ask for divine guidance, ask him to show you how to find comfort in Him, ask him to send you a friend when He decides you are ready for someone etc...

I agree with the ladies...I have alist right in front of my desk of all the things to be grateful to God for. Becuase he wants us to come to him with our pain but even more he wants us to come to him with our praise!

Be encouraged sweetie!

I was reading a book that I have called "The Power of Praying" and it covers a section on loneliness and it made me think of this thread. I just wanted to share the prayer that I read:
Lord, only You can fill that empty place in the canyon of my heart. I know that You are the one constand in my life that can never be lost to me. All else is temporary and changing. I believe You are a good God and Your love for me is endless. Help me to cast my whole burden on You and let You carry it.

Walk with me, Lord. Take my hand and lead me so I can feel your light on my face and Your joy in my heart. In Jesus' name I pray.

In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul. Psalm 138:3

I'm experiencing this right now as well. It's like God is removing everyone from my life so that I have no other choice but to build a solid relationship with Him. It is very tough at times, but it's also a time for my faith to grow, stronger than it has ever been before. Faith to believe that even though my circumstances look bleak, and obstacles spring up daily, He can and WILL fulfill His promises in my life! :)

I'm learning that He is my one true source of joy, and that it is still possible to have a life full of loved ones and friends, and still be lonely. That I will never be completely fulfilled unless my relationship with Him is solid.

I am also going through this as we speak and I TELL YOU AIN'T NOTHING LIKE PRAYER. I asked GOD to remove folks from my life who do not belong and it's like he snatched them all out at once. We had 2 services yesterday and 2 guess speakers. The first speaker had his amen crowd with him and I literally got nothing but last night's speaker preached like no other. He talked about the promises GOD made to his children and asked what are we willing to give to GOD but before he preache a sister sang Encourage Yourself and I tell you I have been up throughout the night singing and praying. I feel good tody.

Sounds like God is moving you into a place where He just wants you to focus on HIM and no one else. At these times, he will remove "distractions", whether they are people, places or things in your life disrupting the relationship between the two of you. He has done it in my life before and He's doing it now. I found that it's just easier to talk to HIM and pray rather than fighting it like I have in the past. I seek encouragement from fellow sisters in Christ on this board and others, reading and from HIM.

I am also going through this as we speak and I TELL YOU AIN'T NOTHING LIKE PRAYER. I asked GOD to remove folks from my life who do not belong and it's like he snatched them all out at once. We had 2 services yesterday and 2 guess speakers. The first speaker had his amen crowd with him and I literally got nothing but last night's speaker preached like no other. He talked about the promises GOD made to his children and asked what are we willing to give to GOD but before he preache a sister sang Encourage Yourself and I tell you I have been up throughout the night singing and praying. I feel good tody.
I had to shout this one out, because it is the truth!!!

When Jesus was at His lowest point (when God had to turn His face from Him while on the cross) He prayed (talked with God) and God answered Him...God is the God of answered prayer!

Read the words to this song by Out of Eden: "Tomorrow"

THERE ARE TIMES, IN OUR LIVES,WHEN WE ALL FEEL INSIDE
SOMETHINGS WRONG THERE'S GOTTA BE SOMETHING BETTER FOR ME
SO WE TRY ON OUR OWN TO CHANGE OUR PATHS
BUT WE DON'T EVEN REALIZE THAT JOY COMES AFTER THE RAIN
LIFE BEGINS AGAIN

CHORUS
TOMORROW IS A BETTER DAY
TOMORROW YOU WILL SEE THE WAY
WHEN GOD IS, BY YOUR SIDE TO STAY
JUST KEEP ON MOVIN DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP

THERE ARE TIMES, TIMES WE CAN BE SWAYED SO EASILY
DOUBT CAN COME IN MY MIND AND I'M READY TO GIVE UP THIS TIME
BUT I GOTTA KEEP GOING ON GOTTA KEEP ON MOVIN
GOTTA KEEP ON PRESSIN IT THROUGH
CAUSE I KNOW MY GOD IS ABLE, OHH HE'S MORE THAN ABLE
ITS NO THING TO TAKE CARE OF YOU...I SAY

BRIDGE
HE KNOWS OF EVERYTHING YOU GOING THROUGH
HAS ENOUGH LOVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU
YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
SO JUST KEEP ON MOVIN'

Praying :pray: for you, sis....God has your life in His hands!

:love3:

Back