What do you consider your ENDS??

Whimsy

How much hair do you consider to be your ends?

The last inch of hair?
the last 2 inches?
the last fistfull?
What?

Just curious.

::whimsy shrug::

I consider the last 2 inches my ends. Usually they feel little rougher than the rest then the rest of my hair.

Why did I just take my hair down and get out a tape measure? :lol: It's about the last 3 inches of my hair for me.

Girl I did too, but instead I measured my fist:lachen:. I consider the last fistfull of hair to be my ends.
And after measuring, I see that my fist grabs 2.75 inches.

I'm not sure but this got me thinking, that's why stylists cut all of your hair. They too, probably think the ends are the last 2"+ and so when they say they gonna trim your ends, that take off those 2"+ and it looks more like a cut :ohwell:.

I'd say the last 2 inches would be your "ends". I only cut off about 1 inch for each trim though.

Last edited:
Well when it comes to long-term transitioning, I would say the last fistful or two, or three, because those are the relaxed "ends". Which could easily be a good ten inches of hair...:spinning:

I used to consider my ends the last inch or so of hair and that's about how much I would cut off every three months, but now I've changed my opinion to the last 1/4th inch :grin:

i have layers so i have "ends" all over the place and what i consider my ends is probably more length than what others consider, but its about the last 3-4 inches.

Wow, I'm weird, I had to take down my wrap, feel my hair, then decide.

I'd say the last inch or less... Small amount, I know.

:look:

Girl I did too, but instead I measured my fist:lachen:. I consider the last fistfull of hair to be my ends.
And after measuring, I see that my fist grabs 2.75 inches.

this is my answer.... i was going to just say fistful but then i got the measuring tape too lol:lachen:

Last 2 inches. I really want to cut them off but I'm trying to reach my goal. I will continue to trim gradually for now.

For me, its the part that looks the thinest. Like it doesn't belong to the rest of my hair. Depending on how my hair is doing, the last 1-2 inches.

Back