what do yall think of this...

teysmith

this may belong in OT but I guess it kind of fits here too..:)

I just got back from the beauty supply store. I was lookin for me some hair. So anyway as I was lookin I spotted this odd looking peice of weave that looked looked like a half wi but it it was flat and had coms all around... So I asked the the girl at the front what kind of hair was it..she didnt know so she asked another lady who I guess was the store manager/owner Idk. So the the lady came up and was like "oh its hair you just clip it in and put your hair over it, but its for white people."

I guess she thought I didnt understand because then she was like "You know they have "long hair" so they just clip it in the back and pull their hair over it"
I was just like oh okay...
Im I the only one who found that the "they have long hair" comment is kind of off..idk, just a thought. It did leave me feeling awkward

And as I was checking out can you believe one of the girls had the nerves to tell my daughter she was bad!!!LOL.. I cant say that I was offended because Yes my daughter was all over the store touching things and knocking things over.. And yes she is a bit disobedient at times...but dang..I think she was just too bold for that comment..

Well if your hair looked the same as in you avatar then i imagine she was just explaining to you because she thought that you might want to use it. If not then i don't know.

Well if your hair looked the same as in you avatar then i imagine she was just explaining to you because she thought that you might want to use it. If not then i don't know.

no my hair doesnt look like that anymore but its not long either. I understand what she was trying to say. even though i feel like if I can wear a half wig i def could have rock that one..but its all good:) It was just her saying "You know they have long hair" as if we dont..but Its all gravy!! :) I'm prob. taking it the wrong way.

Last edited:
no my hair doesnt look like that anymore but its not long either. I understand what she was trying to say. even though i feel like if I can wear a half wig i def could have rock that one..but its all good:) It was just her saying "You know they have long hair" as if we dont..but Its all gravy!! :) I'm prob. taking it the wrong way.

i would have taken offense too. i probably would have said something like, "well what does that mean? you trying to say that black women can't grow hair?" it's people's little off-handed comments like that that get me excited about growing my hair long :)

i would have taken offense too. i probably would have said something like, "well what does that mean? you trying to say that black women can't grow hair?" it's people's little off-handed comments like that that get me excited about growing my hair long :)

Your right about that..I cant wait:)

this may belong in OT but I guess it kind of fits here too..:)

And as I was checking out can you believe one of the girls had the nerves to tell my daughter she was bad!!!LOL.. I cant say that I was offended because Yes my daughter was all over the store touching things and knocking things over.. And yes she is a bit disobedient at times...but dang..I think she was just too bold for that comment..

Thats a No-No!:nono:

Back