What did I do wrong?? Help me!!

sweettrini

OK so I've had my hair in a cornrown/kinky twist style for the last 4 weeks. I've loved it cause it was cute and low maintenance and I thought to myself that this was an easy way to keep up with my transition duing the winter. So it was just 4 rows of cornrows and the length (from my scalp on) was twisted. I washed them once a week with diluted poo and used braid spray to keep my hair and scalp moisturized. I have been using BT also, but not consistently.

I took them out last night and was too tired to wash right away. While taking them down, I combed out each piece of hair to eliminate (or so I thought!) tangling.

So today I was my hair once with ORS Creamy Aloe poo to clarify, then next with Keracare Hydrating Detangling poo. Then I used Praital Silk Worm Rinse and my entire crown became matted and tangled :blush:!!! This si my first time using the Praital - do you think that's what did it?? I have NEVER had matting like this. I don't think I want to braid my hair anymore if this is the result.

I spent an hour detangling. I almost contemplated just grabbing scissors and hacking it off, that's how tangled it was!! Here's what I did: I rinsed the Praital out as best as I could. Then saturated my hair with Mizani Moisturefuse (mixed with honey) as this is what I had prepared to use for my DC. After it had been in for 15 minutes I grabbed my Mebco and started the detangling process. I lost soooo much hair, I lost an mount slightly larger tha a golf ball (hair packed down tightly). I had to rip at the knots a few times, my arms were killing me and now my head is sore. I put some more DC on and I am sitting with it under a plastic cap and a hot towel on my head. How should I proceed from here? I intended to try to rollerset and flat iron my hair but I think my head is too sore and my hair too distressed for that now. Should I just phony pony it for the rest of the week?

Hi lady
IMHO you may have to clarify at your next poo not after undo your braids to avoid tangles:yep:

OK so I've had my hair in a cornrown/kinky twist style for the last 4 weeks. I've loved it cause it was cute and low maintenance and I thought to myself that this was an easy way to keep up with my transition duing the winter. So it was just 4 rows of cornrows and the length (from my scalp on) was twisted. I washed them once a week with diluted poo and used braid spray to keep my hair and scalp moisturized. I have been using BT also, but not consistently.

I took them out last night and was too tired to wash right away. While taking them down, I combed out each piece of hair to eliminate (or so I thought!) tangling.

So today I was my hair once with ORS Creamy Aloe poo to clarify, then next with Keracare Hydrating Detangling poo. Then I used Praital Silk Worm Rinse and my entire crown became matted and tangled :blush:!!! This si my first time using the Praital - do you think that's what did it?? I have NEVER had matting like this. I don't think I want to braid my hair anymore if this is the result.

I spent an hour detangling. I almost contemplated just grabbing scissors and hacking it off, that's how tangled it was!! Here's what I did: I rinsed the Praital out as best as I could. Then saturated my hair with Mizani Moisturefuse (mixed with honey) as this is what I had prepared to use for my DC. After it had been in for 15 minutes I grabbed my Mebco and started the detangling process. I lost soooo much hair, I lost an mount slightly larger tha a golf ball (hair packed down tightly). I had to rip at the knots a few times, my arms were killing me and now my head is sore. I put some more DC on and I am sitting with it under a plastic cap and a hot towel on my head. How should I proceed from here? I intended to try to rollerset and flat iron my hair but I think my head is too sore and my hair too distressed for that now. Should I just phony pony it for the rest of the week?

The ORS Poo is very drying/stripping to me and can cause mad tangles.
The Keracare contains protein
Praital Silkworm Rinse has Silk Protein

ETA I think moisturefuse has protein as well . It never was moisturizing for me. and honey might make your hair a little firm, if too much is used

IMO you used a very stripping shampoo, then gave it protein twice. After using the keracare shampoo, using a protein conditioner sends me into protein overload.Maybe too much for you too.I hate that mebco comb, because I felt like it took out hair when I was natural, and the teeth are too flexible.

I would have clarified than if I used a protein I would have followed it up with major moisture with no protein.
Use moisturizing, protein free conditioners for a while, and be mindful of putting anything containing protein in your hair.

Last edited:
Back