I need suggestions for a clarifying poo that won't DESTROY my hair???

Esq.2B

I had some old thermasilk daily clarifying poo and used it the last time I clarified'ed. I DC'd afterwards w/ Miss Keys 10 en 1 afterwards and my hair was still a tangled mess. I then used fermodyl 619 and Lacio Lacio as a leave-in, in effort to help w/ some of the detangling. Once the beautician was done w/ my rollerset there was still too much hair in the comb for my taste. :nono:

I'm in the market for another clarifying poo that won't leave me all tangled and matted up. Is that even possible or is that one of the things that comes with clarifying?

Or did I just use the wrong conditioner for detangling? I usually use ORS Replenishing but I switched it up this time.

Someone help me...pleaaaase.

I really love Pantene's Purity Clarifying Shampoo. It never leaves my hair feeling too stripped, just really clean after one lather. Which leads to another thing.... How many times do you lather? For me I find it's better to just do one really good lather, focusing mostly on the scalp and then before rinsing I do one quick swipe down the length of my hair. I always get a nice clean feeling to my hair and scalp that isn't stripped and tangled.

Any more than 1 lather for me with any shampoo is asking for trouble!

i clarified the other day with suave daily clarifying shampoo, then after poo'ing (hehe that looked funny when i typed it :grin:) i put in some vo5 strawberries n cream moisture milk, and gently rinsed it out.

my hair smelled yummy, and it was very very soft. not stripped at all.

for me, i try to only get the shampoo on my scalp, and not my hair. and i kind of gently detangle my hair with my fingers and squeeze the lather out of my hair, instead of rubbing it; if that makes sense. this way my hair never gets tangled when i wash.

I really love Pantene's Purity Clarifying Shampoo. It never leaves my hair feeling too stripped, just really clean after one lather. Which leads to another thing.... How many times do you lather? For me I find it's better to just do one really good lather, focusing mostly on the scalp and then before rinsing I do one quick swipe down the length of my hair. I always get a nice clean feeling to my hair and scalp that isn't stripped and tangled.

I was gonna ask and say the same thing :yep:

I use Dove Beautifully Clean poo, and it doesn't leave my hair tangley at all. After one good lather, my hair feels clean, but it still has a bit of moisture in it. I really like it. I've also read a lot of good things about Nexxus Aloe Rid

I didn't even know Pantene had a clarifying poo.

Oh and to answer your question, the Dominicans who do my hair lather 3 whole times! Usually, I'm using an ultra moisturizing poo so I don't worry about it too much. And I follow w/ a good DC. But that clarifying poo seems too much for 3 lathers.

I have a question about the quick swipe down the hair, is it enough to really clean it? I ask b/c I thought the purpose of the clarify is to remove build-up from the hair and scalp. I'd be a little nervous that the build-up isn't gone.

I'm going to try it though. In fact, from now on I'm going to clarify at home before I go to the salon. I just can't handle seeing all my hair in that comb like that.

I was gonna ask and say the same thing :yep:

I use Dove Beautifully Clean poo, and it doesn't leave my hair tangley at all. After one good lather, my hair feels clean, but it still has a bit of moisture in it. I really like it. I've also read a lot of good things about Nexxus Aloe Rid

Thanks. I might try the Dove.

I KEEP hearing good things about the Aloe Rid. But I'm on a budget so I have to avoid Nexxus, Keracare, etc. :ohwell:

i clarified the other day with suave daily clarifying shampoo, then after poo'ing (hehe that looked funny when i typed it :grin:) i put in some vo5 strawberries n cream moisture milk, and gently rinsed it out.

my hair smelled yummy, and it was very very soft. not stripped at all.

for me, i try to only get the shampoo on my scalp, and not my hair. and i kind of gently detangle my hair with my fingers and squeeze the lather out of my hair, instead of rubbing it; if that makes sense. this way my hair never gets tangled when i wash.

Thanks and it makes perfect sense. I hear a lot about the suave clarifying poo too. It seems like that and aloe rid is what I hear about most.

I'm wondering if I can mix my ORS creamy aloe w/ my thermasilk to get a better effect. Then again, naaaaaaah, that thermasilk needs to go in the trash. I can't risk that kind of damage.

I might go with Suave over the Dove. The search feature isn't working but I think I've read a lot about Suave.

Back