What did I buy?

Nella

I went to Sally's today and by the way when I walked in today the cashier looked at me all funny and I couldn't believe it anyway. I guess that's the treatment African American's get when going to get hair products from Sally's...

Anyhow a very sweet young girl helped me out. Any how I thought I had mesh roller's as she didn't know what I was talking about I decided to proceed and buy the one's she were talking about. Anyhow while there I bought some mane n tale and figured tonight I would wash my hair condition and try a roller set.

However, what is this I bought? It looks like Mesh but, its feels more like velcro. Here is a pic. If, anyone has ever used these before let me know how their rollerset turned out.

Thanks and Blessings to you all,

Attachments

• Rollerset -Velcro feel Mesh Look2Board.jpg
    Rollerset -Velcro feel Mesh Look2Board.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 45
Those ARE velcro rollers or just as bad. BE CAREFUL! Hair can get stuck, pulled, and tangled up really bad in these, especially with longer hair. I would not recommend using these type rollers. Have you opened all the packages? I would definitely return them. If you cannot find the mesh rollers, I'd suggest going for the plastic, smooth "magnetic" rollers.

those look like the jet set self gripping rollers, i just posted something about the nite curl ones that are like those. I was just in sally's today, everytime I go there, i see nufin but black ppl and the white ppl are gettin the dirty looks.

I've used those self-gripping rollers and they stuck to my hair and were hard to get out. I think that there was a member here that had good results with them.

Unless you know your hair can handle them, I suggest returning for wire mesh rollers. Sometimes the wire mesh ones have a brush inside. I take the brush out and throw it away because it is harsh on the hair.

Wire_Mesh_Rollers.jpg

I have some mesh rollers without the brushes. I have a hard time securing them, because they are so stiff but these I just stick the pin through and bam, it is in there good. Plus you can sleep in these without problems because they arent hard. But I agree if your hair cannot handle it dont use em, although I think all you need is patience to take em out.

I didnt even click the pic until cbc said they were velcro...and yes they are, I wouldnt put those in my hair.

sassyhair said:
I was just in sally's today, everytime I go there, i see nufin but black ppl and the white ppl are gettin the dirty looks.
I was just about to say this. Go to a Sally's in a mostly black area, that's where I have to go to find the best variety of products for 'us'. Cuz in the Sally closest to me (mostly white area) they had very few 'ethnic' products. Didn't even have the lye relaxer in the tub. Had to go 15 mo' miles.

And yeah, even if you opened them they should take those rollers back.

Oh, boy!!!!!

I tried the velcro roller's last night. Well, I didnt have a hard time taking them out and didn't lose much hair but,this is definitely not the look I wanted. My hair is so full and feels super big. I'm wondering if it's because, I left the mane n tail conditioner in as a leave in and used jojoba oil and carrot oil. Anyhow please check out my fotki and let me know what you guy's think I should do next time.

Anyhow, I will definitely try the other mesh rollers you all rave about. I found some online.

http://public.fotki.com/Nella82/

Blessings,

Nella said:
Oh, boy!!!!!

I tried the velcro roller's last night. Well, I didnt have a hard time taking them out and didn't lose much hair but,this is definitely not the look I wanted. My hair is so full and feels super big. I'm wondering if it's because, I left the mane n tail conditioner in as a leave in and used jojoba oil and carrot oil. Anyhow please check out my fotki and let me know what you guy's think I should do next time.

Anyhow, I will definitely try the other mesh rollers you all rave about. I found some online.

http://public.fotki.com/Nella82/

Blessings,

I actually like the big hair on you because you have such a heart shaped face. And it's not as big as you probably think it is. It looks cute. But yeh, be careful with those velcro things, I'd hate for you to pull out your hair.

1QTPie said:
I actually like the big hair on you because you have such a heart shaped face. And it's not as big as you probably think it is. It looks cute. But yeh, be careful with those velcro things, I'd hate for you to pull out your hair.

Thanks so much for the compliment. As I will give it another go and heck I had fun playing in my hair. It was still worth the effort.

sassyhair said:
I think the hair can be calmed down with serum and wrapping the hair.

********Just curious what kind of serum would you recommend and how will this be effective on getting the swelling in my hair to go down? Was it ok to leave the mane n tail conditioner in when doing the rollerset.

By the way your fotki pics look great!

I think the mane-n tail may have something to do with it, I love full volumous hair personally, but I use silk element glossing polish in my rollersets and after I take out the rollers and wrap.

Thanks for the compliment, I need to update my fotki, I think I will tonight after using my new rollers. By the way this will be my second time rollersetting, I only use a spray mixture of conditioner, infusium and water...topped with serum on my ends.

Hi all,
Newbie here! This is my first post on the forum..I just wanted to encourage you to try the velcro rollers again b/c I have actually had better results with these rollers than with magnetic ones. Velcro rollers are known to pump up your hair's volume. Back in my pre-regimen days my hair would be so thin-looking, and limp that I picked up these rollers one day to give my hair some more volume, and it worked! Now that my hair is in better shape I haven't used them but the key is to make sure your part your hair evenly in like 3 or 4 rows to reduce any extra frizz when your hair dries, that's what works best for me. I say give it another go, you might like them.

Definitely take those back! They will pull your hair out big time! I would buy some plain magnetic rollers and also the silver hair clips that go along with them.

Back