What conditioner do you use for your co-washes?? A lil summary I hope!

VO5 honeydew smoothie

VO5 juicy mango passion

White Rain cucumber and melon*

White Rain Ocean Mist

*This is a really thick $1.00 conditioner with 13 hair friendly ingredients like panthenol, aloe vera and lots of botanicals, so to thin it out, I add the VO5 honeydew smoothie which is thin and it makes the most wonderful conditioner for CO washing. Mixed together you get a liter of a most wonderful hair-friendly conditioner that moisturizes and detangles for $2.00.

VO5 honeydew smoothie

VO5 juicy mango passion

White Rain Ocean Mist

*This is a really thick $1.00 conditioner with 13 hair friendly ingredients like panthenol, aloe vera and lots of botanicals, so to thin it out, I add the VO5 honeydew smoothie which is thin and it makes the most wonderful conditioner for CO washing. Mixed together you get a liter of a most wonderful hair-friendly conditioner that moisturizes and detangles for $2.00.

wow, I am will try this combo. Thanks for sharing.

VO5 honeydew smoothie

VO5 juicy mango passion

White Rain Ocean Mist

Oh this sounds so de:lick:cious!!! I'm going to have to try this one also. Thanks!

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (smells like peaches)

Decca Plus Satin Deep Conditioner (Has a very yummy, sweet smell)

KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner (The scent is not so hot but it detangles better than any other moisturizing conditioner I've ever used, so I use this one the majority of the time. Luckily, the sent fades pretty quickly).

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (smells like peaches)

Decca Plus Satin Deep Conditioner (Has a very yummy, sweet smell)

KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner (The scent is not so hot but it detangles better than any other moisturizing conditioner I've ever used, so I use this one the majority of the time. Luckily, the sent fades pretty quickly).

hi there,

can you post what's in this for me please? I never thought of using a deep co as a cw.

tia,
tishee

Hi tishee, :wave:

I am sooo sorry but I'm actually out of the Decca Plus Deep conditioner right now and I didn't keep the jar, (It's on my hair products to re-stock list). It definitely has yummy ingredients, though; like castor oil, glycerin, mink oil, almond oil, silk protein, and aloe vera, if I'm remembering correctly. The only ingredient it has that I don't like is paraben, I'm still working on creating a paraben free hair product list, I'm not there yet!

If you're still interested in the product you can google Decca Plus and the site should come up, but I don't believe that they list all of the ingredients on the website. I could be wrong, It's been a while since I've visited the site.

Hi tishee, :wave:

I am sooo sorry but I'm actually out of the Decca Plus Deep conditioner right now and I didn't keep the jar, (It's on my hair products to re-stock list). It definitely has yummy ingredients, though; like castor oil, glycerin, mink oil, almond oil, silk protein, and aloe vera, if I'm remembering correctly. The only ingredient it has that I don't like is paraben, I'm still working on creating a paraben free hair product list, I'm not there yet!

If you're still interested in the product you can google Decca Plus and the site should come up, but I don't believe that they list all of the ingredients on the website. I could be wrong, It's been a while since I've visited the site.

thanks sweetie. I goggled it and they only have the key ingredients listed. Is it very moisturizing?

Last edited:
Right now I'm mostly using VO5. I also use Suave, HE, and sometimes Dominican Condtioners.

CW is the BEST!:grin:

This is me too, along w/MnT Herbal Expressions. I've been trying to use up my Dominican rinses so I'll use those for CWs and as a leave-in. I rarely use the same thing two days in a row.

Trader Joe's ultra nourish hair for co-washes its cheap it softens and its all natural.... I deep condition with Bio Infusion Olive Oil when I have the time.

I love the HE frizz control shampoo and condish for when I "fro it out" and VO5 for curly wash n gos

Both give moisture but my hair responds differently with each.

I've written SO many reviews on conditioners it's insane. I love co-washing! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Hey I know! i checked your product reviews and you have a lot on Dove conditioners! I never thought Dove conditioners were as moisturizing as they appear!

maybe i'll try it out one day!

i used to love suave for co-washes, but now i'm using organix coconut milk conditioner, its thick and it really leave my hair nice and moisturized.

Oh god this stuff is FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!! Actually their whole product line is amazing. But I started using this for co-washing paricularly for my wash and go's that I'm now rocking and my hair has been AMAZING. Between this line and DC with Giovanni Smooth as Silk, I have NO moisture problems whatsoever...

I use their Vanilla Silk Conditioner as well as the Coconut Milk. I want to try the Mocha Espresso next. I still use my HE conditioners but I now mix them with the Organix line just to finish them off.:rolleyes:

I co-wash about 3-4 times a week now and my hair loves co-washes since I bought and use my shower filter and I use:

***Suave Humectant when I want a little boost of protein in my co-washes.

***Suave tropical coconut makes my hair feel nice and light.

***V05 conditioners but Moisture milks and volumize are my faves again for the nice and light feeling.

***Tresemme Remoisturize with B5, Tresemme with Vitamin e, & Tresemme with aloe vera - nice and thick and very moisturizing. I especially like to use these in my ayurveda co-washes.

For cowashes i mix Praital silk worm rinse with the Suave Naturals line lately i been doing that almost daily cause i havent retouched my perm since march3 and my hair is itching so badly. i m trying not to perm for at least 3-4 months i have so much new growth incredible a forest down there :lachen: i cant comb too scared to break so i just do the rest of the hair and every 2 days cowash my hair it helps a lot with the itching caused by the vits grow hair grow

Last night I used VO5 Champagne Kiss and Strawberries and Cream and I will definately be repurchasing those, I have also used White Rain Tropical Coconut and Organix Vanilla Silk Conditioners. Sometimes, if I am near a Trader Joe's store, I buy their NourishSpa Conditioner which is really good and cheap ($2.50).

thanks sweetie. I goggled it and they only have the key ingredients listed. Is it very moisturizing?

You're welcome. It is a very moisturizing conditioner and it also provides a little strength due to the protein. It sort of reminds me of Aubrey Organics GPB in the way that it makes my hair feel moisturizied yet stronger, simultaneously. It would be perfect if it wasn't for the paraben.

i love to co wash with redken all soft heavy cream but this week im gonna try frederick fekkai's shea butter moisturizing conditioner and see how that turns out.

Last night I used VO5 Champagne Kiss and Strawberries and Cream and I will definately be repurchasing those, I have also used White Rain Tropical Coconut and Organix Vanilla Silk Conditioners. Sometimes, if I am near a Trader Joe's store, I buy their NourishSpa Conditioner which is really good and cheap ($2.50).

I just picked this up and it will be a great co-wash. I can add secret sauce to it and make it the bomb DC too~~!! I love the ingredeints list but there doesn't appear to be any slip factor in there...I can take care of that because the rest is :lick: and all organic. ND is a new staple.

I've been trying to use up what i already have (i have so much product i promised myself i would use everything before buying new products) lol....Mane n tail (my hair loves it), Cantu conditioner, Garnier Frutis (i really like these). Everyone seems to love Suave and V05 so i'm def gonna invest in these soon as well as Redken. :grin:

Back