What changes will I see if...

i don't know about wet sets, but what i do know is in my experience, i used to use tap water for everything. Now where I live, there is very hard water, so my hair became very dry because of all of the mineral build up. You may not live in a hard water area and be ok, but if you do, you need to stop now!! All the minerals do is wreak havoc on your hair. When i decided to wet my hair everyday with distilled water in a spray bottle, my hair improved instantly and i finally received the results that so many women on the forum were talking about when wetting their everyday. So in general, its always a better idea to use something in which one knows its healthier. Plus, water's not expensive anyway, so go ahead and filler up!

luckymonkey1307 said:
i don't know about wet sets, but what i do know is in my experience, i used to use tap water for everything. Now where I live, there is very hard water, so my hair became very dry because of all of the mineral build up. You may not live in a hard water area and be ok, but if you do, you need to stop now!! All the minerals do is wreak havoc on your hair. When i decided to wet my hair everyday with distilled water in a spray bottle, my hair improved instantly and i finally received the results that so many women on the forum were talking about when wetting their everyday. So in general, its always a better idea to use something in which one knows its healthier. Plus, water's not expensive anyway, so go ahead and filler up!

I agree with you luckymonkey1307, before I bought my water filter, when I would wash my daughter's hair and my hair, it would be hard and a tangled mess. I didn't know about hard water until reading it on this board. I checked around and found that I have very hard water. But thanks to my water filter, my daughter and my hair is a lot softer and managable! It has made a huge difference with our hair care. I would highly recommend everyone to check their water!!!

How do you check your water? How did you know you lived in a hard water area? I saw some threads about it and found 2 very different maps.

secretdiamond said:
How do you check your water? How did you know you lived in a hard water area? I saw some threads about it and found 2 very different maps.

you can either ask your water company or go to Lowe's and get a hard water test. Trust me, it really made a HUGE different in my daughter's ThICK 4a hair and mine. I love washing my hair and using water for moisture. Before I hated water because it made my hair hard, not realizing that I was using HARD water. Thank you LHCF! I bought a water filter for 26.99 @ lowe's Stage 3.

you could also use the cheapest bottled water you can find. i can get some for about 21p a litre. it will better than tap water as its more acidic/soft.

Back