What can you do about ...

Kamilla16

Very sensitive scalp when you want to relax your hair. I really don't have much advice to give my little sister, because I am only 16, however I don't have a real sensitive scalp. /images/graemlins/cool.gif My sister is 13 and hasn't had a relaxer for about 6 months. She has been sportin braids and has gotten it pressed a couple of times. She had type 4 a/b hair that is SUPER THICK! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The bad thing is that when you put a relaxer in her hair it starts burning really fast and she ends up washing it out before it takes. My Question is what can she do to lessen irritation caused by relaxers? What relaxers will be gentle on her scalp?

Does she base her scalp? That's one solution...

I hope she's not already basing and still getting burning like that /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi Kamilla16,

First, her scalp should be based very well. Secondly, I'm wondering if when she gets her relaxer, the person may be putting it directly on her scalp, instead of just on the new growth during the start of the application process. Eventually you will get some of the relaxer on your scalp, but the person applying the relaxer may want to pay special attention and try to avoid her scalp as much as possible when she starts to apply the relaxer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As well as basing the scalp to prevent this from happening. How if she with her scalp about 3 days before her touch up. You'd be so surprised, the tiniest rub/scratch can give you hell when it's time for touch up time. No itching, no rubbing, or washing the hair 3 days before touch up time.

Is she using any hair products that stimulate the scalp before TU, like peppermint oil or anything that contains things like that, like a fertilising balm or something that contains menthol, that makes it all tingly, these products can also be a factor.

Back