What can I use to mositurize with a saran wrap?

Ms. Vea

Hey ladies

I want to saran wrap my hair but I was wondering what are good products to moisture with? I did a search but either I don't have what the other ladies used or they didnt specify.

Anything will be helpful, btw I have qp mango butter, oils (coconut, olive, and sweet almond, mink oil, and that is about it. Will any of these work? TIA

Last edited:
Good question, I wonder too. I have tried the saran wrap technique before but it didn't do as well, I think because I didn't have a decent cream moisterizer.

i use keracare hairdress. the creme not the lotion. but you could use any light moisturizer.

i've used phyto 7 and jane carter nourish and shine. I prefer the jane carter nourish and shine. it came out soft and shiny. not greasy. the phyto 7 is cool too, but its too expensive and i probably wont buy again. Thats what I did in this pic.

Last edited:
I use polish serum or silicon drops and oil sheen spray before putting on the saran wrap. My hair comes out with a high glossy shine everytime I use this combo.

so how do you use saran wrap to moisturize your hair? I'm seeing people mention saran wrap in dcing also and I have no clue.

I use some cantu shea butter mixed with castor oil. My hair turned out nice. I used a plastic cap instead of the saran wrap, and tied it down with my scarf, I sorta modified it cause I did not have any plastic wrap.

I use some cantu shea butter mixed with castor oil. My hair turned out nice. I used a plastic cap instead of the saran wrap, and tied it down with my scarf, I sorta modified it cause I did not have any plastic wrap.

Are you using the shea butter leave in? cuz I have some of that.

Since my hair is underprocessed in many places I can't use anything water based, so I use my mixture of avocado butter and a little glycerin. It works great for me because my hair prone to dryness. And I seal with the cantu hair serum. This combination is the best ever for me. I go from a puffy mess to straight slick rick. I love it!

Cantu hair serum
super-shine-hair-silk.jpg

I did this for the first time today and I used a little coconut oil and mizani oil sheen. came out good for my 1st try. Pics in fotki

Back