What can I use on my ends???

preciousfa02

my hair is bs and i recently got a trim.. my ends get really dry and I'm not sure what I can use to keep them moisturized:wallbash:. Any suggestions?

I'm currently using
aphogee poo for damaged hair
2 min recon
GVP k-pak (jocio)
chi & 14-n1 mix

i'd recommend neutrogena triple moisture silk touch leave-in and/or jane carter nourish and shine. i use both of these and love the results. i use it before i go to bed at night and wrap my hair. i wake up moisturized for the day. it's probably not necessary to do it every day but i'm super careful with my ends. hope this helps!

I agree with Blessedandlucky - NTM is good to put on the ends before you go to bed.

Other Suggestions:
Avocado oil ( you don't need much)
Vatika Oil
L'anza Healing Leave in

ETA: I realized that you do not have a mositurizing deep conditioner in your regimen. That may be why your ends feel dry as well.

Last edited:
I think you should figure out why they're dry before deciding what to use. Are other parts of your hair dry as well?

What is your regimen? You listed the products, but how are you using those products?

It's important to saturate the ends with conditioner when you DC.

What I would do, is use whatever it is I usually moisturize my whole hair with and focus on the ends. Then, I'd seal the ends with some oil (I use castor oil for example) and/or put something specific on them (I use cantu shea butter leave in).

If all of your hair lacks moisture, you may want to try cowashing once or twice a week. You hair will definitely thank you :grin: HTH!

i've started using mizani h20 on my ends at night and now i'm using salerm biokera treatment for ends, i really like alternating using both, i used the biokera on my ends during a rollerset and my whole head too, and got little breakage and i'm 18 wks post. the mizani (use a little) is really good too for the ends, they have really been feeling moisturized and i just had to trim some hair off too because of dryness and splits. hopefully in time these 2 products will help nourish the hair.

so mizani h20 nightime treatment on my ends and
salerm biokera treatment for ends.

just small amounts you don't want to cause your hair to be weighed down either.

I think you should figure out why they're dry before deciding what to use. Are other parts of your hair dry as well?

What is your regimen? You listed the products, but how are you using those products?

It's important to saturate the ends with conditioner when you DC.

Agreed. DC's will change your hair over time....
in the mean time...
you could try
Aloe Vera Juice and Glycerin. Works wonders for instant moisture!

Co-wash with Trader Joe's Nourish spa, and DC with Aubrey Organics HOneysuckler. And daily moisture with s-curl, and seal with coconut, and castor oil mix.

Thanks for your responses. its weird my hair is fine until you get to the ends. as far as my reggie. since I'm a newbie i'm still trying to hammer it out. I usually wash my hair once a week (maybe 2) and I dc for 15mins to a 1/2 hr. I roller set my hair and wrap afterwards. The first couple of days it's ok but then my scalp get oily and my ends get dry...I'm lost but I will try some of the suggestions given to me

Thanks ladies

Thanks for your responses. its weird my hair is fine until you get to the ends. as far as my reggie. since I'm a newbie i'm still trying to hammer it out. I usually wash my hair once a week (maybe 2) and I dc for 15mins to a 1/2 hr. I roller set my hair and wrap afterwards. The first couple of days it's ok but then my scalp get oily and my ends get dry...I'm lost but I will try some of the suggestions given to me

Thanks ladies

The rollerseting may be part of the problem. Be sure your ends are moisturized and sealed before you set your hair. Also, it may be time for a trim.

my hair is bs and i recently got a trim.. my ends get really dry and I'm not sure what I can use to keep them moisturized:wallbash:. Any suggestions?

I'm currently using
2 min recon
GVP k-pak (jocio)
chi & 14-n1 mix

What are you using for a moisturizing conditioner? Seems like a lot of protein on your list. That could be hurting your ends.

are you relaxed or natural? if i were you i would clarify and then do a deep moisturizing treatment without any protein. see how your hair reacts. also a good moisturizer to use daily would help i like... dudley's inner growth, hairveda whipped cream, jane carter nourish and shine oh and water, aloe vera, glycerin mixture.

I second the Mizani H20 treatment. I use that and castor oil and I always have moisturized ends in the morning.

I'm currently using
2 min recon
GVP k-pak (jocio)
chi & 14-n1 mix

PreciousFa, your products have a lot of protein, which is fine if your hair likes protein, but you need to balance that with some moisture-based products. When you DC, and when you do your daily applications, concentrate on the ends.

Baggying the ends at night help also.

Prepooing with olive oil helps me. Or doing hot oil treatments. And incorporating steam treatments every other week, will nurse those ends back and add plenty of moisture.

I love coconut oil.

I too am nursing my dry ends right now, and I have been spritzing my ends with plain water mixed with castor oil. A little goes a long way. Then I add my daily moisturizer, and seal it with my coconut oil.

I'm thinking that you should clarify before changing your products/regimens.

I've discovered that whenever my hair is super dry or stiff (protein overload, usually) or breaking, I clarify and then start the moisture process.

If you have all those old products/proteins blocking your hair, the good moisture can't get in.

I use avocado oil, or shea butter or coconut oil these are my staples I alternate with. Sometimes I use them all together.

Back