Took out the weave, had a DISASTER after I washed. What did I do wrong???!!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Lady, hope that you'll recover with TLC:yep:, the ladies here gave you good advices!

The lesson are:
  1. Always detangle your hair well after braids with tons of conditionner or braid release product before washing !
  2. Never ever use "Aphogee treatment for damaged hair" directly after braids wait at least one week after releasing the braids, use it at the second wash after releasing braids!
HERE is A GREAT THREAD ABOUT IT:
>>>>>>How To Prevent Matting<<<<<< ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=90692

Yep, the shower. I took pics, I'll load them later today. It was so much hair! Never again!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Same thing happened to me last summer. I lost handfuls of hair...it took hours to detangle. Did you wash your hair in the shower or in the tub? I know the tub was the culprit for me. Oh BTW, i did condition for 30 minutes before washing, that new growth was fierce!!!

You should have detangled it while you were unbraiding. I usually take one braid out and comb through that section before moving to the next one. If you wait til the end you'll have a tangled mess. You have to detangle before to wash it or it'll matt. The shed hair is going to get caught all up in there.

Last edited:
Back