Votes: 2 5.7%
  • American Standard Bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loolalooh

Okay, let's liven up the forum. This poll is kind of for fun. :)

NLT? NIV? NKJV?

What translation do you use and why?

Last edited:
I've been reading the NIV translation for over 10 years. I don't know what version I was reading before (it was a Bible I received when I was in high school), but as I grew as a Christian I found that a lot was missing in that translation and I wasn't getting as much as I could have been getting out of it.

Neither of mine are on the list.

While I used to use NIV, I have an ESV on my e-reader, and I read NASB for my paper-based Bible. I prefer the literal versus dynamic translations. ESV is a little less wooden than NASB, but I like both.

KJV is my favorite, then the NKJV, Amplified, RSV, and The Living Bible.

I've posted other translations; it will depend on how I'm sensing to be lead.

I was gonna make this exact same thread lol!!

Gosh I love so many translations!!

NLT and AMP for studying cause it breaks things down! I also like NIV from time to time

I love KJV or NKJV because it's written so eloquently! It's just beautiful to read!

my favourite is the kjv/amplified paralell

then it's NKJV, NIV, ESV and Life Application Study bible

I wish I could have the KJV/Amp/NKJV/Life application paralell but I doubt they make it...

I use the King James, Amplified and Living Bible, not all at the same time but these are pretty much at hand whenever I sit down to read or study.

New Century Version (NCV) and KJV are the solid bibles that I own but on my phone I like reading the CEV if I buy a bible for my house some day it will be a CEV (or something along those lines), my others usually stay in my car because of bible study and church.

Last edited:
right now it just the KJV, but i have an amplified bible i wanna get into for when i'm not fully understanding.

I use the KJV and Amplified parallel Bible that my beau got me for Christmas. I was looking for a good Bible because I had also become dissatisfied with the NIV translation.

New King James Version and sometimes The Message version when I'm reading on a device or online.

I used KJV for years, with NIV in between, all this time I thought I had the NLT bible, nope it's the life application bible and I love it!

all of the versions, even the message bible. i love biblio.com However I own several versions

I like the NLT, NKJV, and HCSB versions of the Bible. I mostly use the NLT translation though.

Back