What Aveda Products do you like?

Mamamia

i've heard good things about Aveda products for black hair. has anyone used any and what did you think?

I used to be a confirmed patron of Aveda products, especially the Brilliant line. In fact, I used Aveda from November 1997 to July 2003. Then I was led to the LHCF, and learned about Kenra, and I have not looked back.

I discovered that my hair was in need of products which were more moisturizing than Aveda.

northernbelle

i like the humectant pomade and the brilliant emolliant, i hated the anti humectant , but i know aveda products are products i can live without. the emolliant is cool though

Aveda's shampoos and conditioners are not moisturizing enough for my hair - relaxed or natural. I've tried a lot of their products and the only one I will buy for a long time is Aveda Elixir Leave-On Conditioner. I use this every morning.

Aye aye aye.. I love Aveda. Let me check back in here and tell you what I loooove
clap.gif

Shampure is ok but there are less expensive, better shampoos available. The only Aveda product I currently use is the Aveda Beautifying Composition oil. It works well for warm oil preshampoo treatments and my stylist has used it as a relaxer base successfully.

Once I run out I won't buy it again. I'm on an inexpensive-but-effective hair product kick ... once the May PJ challenge is over, that is.
wink.gif

I promised I'd be back. I never miss an Aveda thread
wink.gif

In short, my faves: (these are staple products in my regimen)
Sap Moss Shampoo
Sap-Moss Nourishing concentrate pre-treatment
Elixir leave-in
Curessence Mild Protein Conditioner
Anti-humectant pomade

So-so products for me (found less expensive alternatives that work as well or better):
Be Curly curl cream
Hang Straight blow-dry lotion

Not too interested list (wouldn’t use them if they offered it for free):
Brilliant Damage Control spray
Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler
Confixor Gel and Brilliant Retexturing Gel – not a big gel fan anyways so can’t really rate these two.

HTH

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
The only Aveda product I currently use is the Aveda Beautifying Composition oil. It works well for warm oil preshampoo treatments and my stylist has used it as a relaxer base successfully.

Once I run out I won't buy it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought that oil about a year ago, and used it as a hot oil treatment mixed with other oils. It was good, but I wouldn't repurchase it either... it was REALLY expensive, and it didn't really bowl me over.

I also have the Aveda Humectant Pomade (thanks Lunalight
kiss.gif
)... it has an interesting scent, and it works nice on my twist-outs... in fact, I just re-did my twists with it tonight!!
grin.gif

My one MUST HAVE from Aveda is their Sap Moss Shampoo that my cousin turned me onto when I went to visit this past summer.
smile.gif
I haven't remained loyal to any other product besides that one. I really want to try one of their leave-ins though.
grin.gif
Darn the PJ Challenge.
laugh.gif

i love aveda products:
brilliant shampoo
brilliant conditioner
sap moss nourishing concentrate
deep penetrationg hair revitalizer

i just bought the sap mposs shampoo off ebay and i'm going to purchase the cherry almond bark reconstructer. can't wait

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
i just bought the sap mposs shampoo off ebay and i'm going to purchase the cherry almond bark reconstructer. can't wait

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna
love.gif
the Cherry Almond Bark Reconstructer.
grin.gif
I tried a sample size of it not too long ago. I left it in all night, rinsed in the morning, and my hair was smelling and looking good ! ! ! My napps were mighty thirsty beforehand and this product did the trick.
smile.gif

My one must have from Aveda, is the Brilliant Universal Styling Creme. It makes my hair beem, w/o being heavy or greasy. I used it on wet hair and let it air dry. I have the sap moss shampoo and it's cool, I don't like smell and don't find it to be superior to any of my other products. I give the Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer a
waytogo.gif
, but I must say I prefer AO GPB, which is much cheaper and smells better.

See sig line

I have been using the brilliant shampoo consistently for 6 years.

I have been using Sap moss as a leave in for 4. Through this time my hair has been texturized, bone, straight, short natural, and afro.

I've never used Aveda, but I've been wanting to try their products for a while now. Keep the suggestions coming girls!!

I see some of my favorites were already mentioned!

Brilliant universal styling creme (fantastic stuff! nourishes hair while help controling it and leaves a wonderful natural shine)
Brilliant emollient finishing gloss (wonderful for blowouts and rollersets!)
Scalp Benefits balancing conditioner(I like to leave this on for a while with a shower cap; great for the scalp!)

I've used others but those are my top favorites right now.

I love the:
Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant - great on my relaxed hair in humidity and adds shine.

Returned to Aveda:
Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme - didn't work well on my relaxed hair, made it very dry.

I LIKE THE ROSEMARY MINT CONDITIONER...BUT I WILL BE DEFINATELY BE BUYING MORE OF THEIR PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE!

My absolute favorite is Aveda Brilliant humectant pomade in the dark blue jar. It smells wonderful and if you apply it at night before you put your scarf on, your hair beams the entire following day!

I also use the Sap Moss pre-shampoo moisture treatment once in a while. It is most effective if you let it sit over night before washing.

I agree w/everyone who loves the Sap Moss shampoo. The Cherry Bark conditioner is quite nice and I also use the Scalp Remedy (I think that's the name). It comes in a brown bottle and it's very effective in fighting a dry scalp/dandruff. I didn't believe it until I tried it...it works!
smile.gif
smile.gif

I always use the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate (makes shampooing effortless and hair silky) and the Light Elements Reviving Mist (good for refreshing at night, after being in smoky clubs and/or after workouts when it's too cold or not advantageous to co-wash): these are staples. I also like the Brilliant Hairspray (I hardly ever use/need hairspray, but this one is good because it's not harsh) and the Briliant Emollient Finishing Gloss, because it has that good, signature Aveda smell.
smile.gif

I like the Light Elements line: The Defining Whip tames the flyaways and the edges. The Smoothing Fluid Lotion is nice but the Neutrogena Serum is a cheaper alternative. The Finishing Solution is a good product for taming flyaways especially if you wear your hair in a bun. It is also good to use on damp hair prior to blow drying.

[ QUOTE ]
elliot said:
The Deep Penetrationg Hair Revitalizer is my favorite.

I love the way their products smell so earthy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too
smile.gif

bumping. I love Aveda products period (best candles in the world!). My favorite hair product is the anti-humectant serum. I have tried the pomade and the spray and I love the serum the best. For my edges I used to love the humectant pomade, but I just purchased aura's version of this and even though it does not have that smell, I actually like Aura's more and it is cheaper. But the serum will always be a fav for me. I want to try the hair revitalizer as well.

I like the Curessence poo and cond. Very moisturizing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif But I'm not wild about the scent.

Back