What are your thoughts on Engagement rings?

I'm going for a wait...let me pull up my document.

5 color stone carat
Size 3
Criss cross antique setting
Gf quality minimum
Best stone oval and or cushion
Avoid violet cast
Get Burma
These stones need help with some sparkle
Redish pinkish
Pigeon blood

Those are my notes on my ruby ring. I think I want a bigger carat AND I want a diamond band. But my fingers are so tiny that you wouldn't be able to see the diamonds on the band. I don't like the idea of diamonds all around the ruby like a flower hmmmm....

ETA- adding conflict FREE to the list!

Well Rubies have a pretty bad history, especially in Burma. I know you said you wanted conflict free, but you won't get conflict free in rubies unless its a lab ruby (or American but thats another story).

-A

Arcadian, one of the reasons why I want a thin band is because I have long, slim fingers(sz 4). The thicker bands I tried on :look: kinda seemed too much. What type of band do you suggest in this situation?

Arcadian, one of the reasons why I want a thin band is because I have long, slim fingers(sz 4). The thicker bands I tried on :look: kinda seemed too much. What type of band do you suggest in this situation?

Not Arcadian, but I'll offer up my 2cents in waiting for her response.
If you want really thin (<2mm) I would avoid micropave. And further, I would avoid platinum as well & stick with white gold as plat tends to bend the thinner it gets. White gold (alloyed w/ nickel if you're not allergic) has a higher vickers hardness than plat/ir or plat/ru.

Going a little thicker than 2mm would still appear thin for your fingers. The really thick bands tend to be 3mm or more.

Not Arcadian, but I'll offer up my 2cents in waiting for her response.
If you want really thin (<2mm) I would avoid micropave. And further, I would avoid platinum as well & stick with white gold as plat tends to bend the thinner it gets. White gold (alloyed w/ nickel if you're not allergic) has a higher vickers hardness than plat/ir or plat/ru.

Going a little thicker than 2mm would still appear thin for your fingers. The really thick bands tend to be 3mm or more.
thank you :drunk:

Well Rubies have a pretty bad history, especially in Burma. I know you said you wanted conflict free, but you won't get conflict free in rubies unless its a lab ruby (or American but thats another story).

-A

Noooooooooooo.....Arcadian I.dont.like.you.today.!!!!!!
Omg I need to rethink this?!!!

Back