What are your thoughts on Engagement rings?

No where near engaged but I want a halo-style splint shank ring. :lachen: I just love the style of them.

double-halo-split-shank-diamond-engagement-ring-scs1244-1-C.png

No where near engaged but I want a halo-style splint shank ring. :lachen: I just love the style of them.

double-halo-split-shank-diamond-engagement-ring-scs1244-1-C.png

That was one of my faves! I went for a simpler style, because I wanted the center stone to stand out a bit more...but I loved the way that cushion cut looks... :love3:

for those ladies that want super thin bands with micropave, please please PLEASE reconsider. doing micropave on a band that is less than 3mm wide pretty much makes it swiss cheese. I have a micropave band that I barely wear because its quite fragile.

5479589343_09bb7d76d0.jpg

As much as I love this ring, it does not get a lot of wear because its quite thin. I tend to only wear this with my wedding bands around it because of that fact.

-A

so i love gold jewlery. absolutely love it and that's all i wear. and my complexion is more fitting for gold IMO. now my birthstone is diamond and i def want a diamond engagement ring. will there be a way to integrate gold and diamonds to create (or find) an e-ring? i know that platinum/white gold settings are the most appropriate for diamonds, but i just love gold so much....

paging Arcadian...:lol:

so i love gold jewlery. absolutely love it and that's all i wear. and my complexion is more fitting for gold IMO. now my birthstone is diamond and i def want a diamond engagement ring. will there be a way to integrate gold and diamonds to create (or find) an e-ring? i know that platinum/white gold settings are the most appropriate for diamonds, but i just love gold so much....

paging @Arcadian...:lol:

:lol: @ LaBelleLL Well you can have whatever type of metal you want! If you want 18K yellow gold and a diamond, then go for it. If you want 22K yellow gold and diamonds, go for it! 22K is much softer than 18, so be careful if thats the route you go. 22k has a very riche look to it though which I really do love. Some people don't like the look of plat. I don't, nor do I really like the feel of it. I also don't like when it patinas, that makes me freaking nuts. Plus, gold is easier to work for for most jewelers. Seriously, go with whatever your preference is. Many times I'll go with unplated white gold because I enjoy the warmth of the gold. I rarely do full out yellow gold, but some stones I have just called for it. (the one in my siggy is 18K yellow, it would have been a shame to set that stone in white gold)

-A

for those ladies that want super thin bands with micropave, please please PLEASE reconsider. doing micropave on a band that is less than 3mm wide pretty much makes it swiss cheese. I have a micropave band that I barely wear because its quite fragile.

5479589343_09bb7d76d0.jpg

As much as I love this ring, it does not get a lot of wear because its quite thin. I tend to only wear this with my wedding bands around it because of that fact.

-A

i know and im so clumsy and will bang it on things. good idea to just wear for special occasions. lol umm how about i get engaged 1st. lol :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

your ring is GORGEOUS

If the conflict diamonds is what gets to you maybe go with moissanite or a domestic gemstone instead of a diamond?

For other people, I don't think there's such a thing as too big. I love seeing big bohemoth rings on women. But for me I like a "medium" size. I dunno how many carats or whatever.

Is moissanite a brand of diamond coated CZ simulant or is it a stone it itself?

I don't have many thoughts on them tbh. Not into diamonds for a start and never been into into spending a lot of money on small jewelry (although SO is:rolleyes:).

I'd be fine with a band and I'd also be fine with something more pretty. Depends what I see at the time. The union is the most important thing to me.

I just looked at tons of rings...read like Every diamond guide available, and picked out a top 20, and then started whittling it down to a top 4. Then I let Dh pick out the one he wanted out of my top 4...then I nudged him to the one I really wanted.... :giggle:

There is no such thing as too big....but there is a too small. Go big, or go home!!:yep:

My sister did something similar, researched, picked out 3 and let him select from that group.

What's the perfect size? Is there any such thing as too big? Do you think Tiffany rings are worth the markup?

Personally, I feel conflicted about engagement rings given all the conflict around them in W. Africa. I'm wondering if I should forego a ring and just go for a band? How have you resolved your feelings about this?

The perfect size all depends on the woman and her lifestyle.

Tiffany rings are not worth the markup IMO. They do sell nice stones but they are way, way overpriced. You are paying for the Tiffany name. I say that if you have that kind of money to spend, just go to a private jeweler where you can get as much as possible for your money.

I would prefer small to medium and antique in look. Also either platinum or white gold. Absolutely no yellow gold!!!

Sent from the corner pay phone

I must be the only one but I want yellow gold. It goes better with my complexion. I don't wear a lot of white hold or silvery metals.

I like sapphires. Cornflower color I think?

I don't really have a style in mind but I don't like cluster rings. There are a few select styles that would be "unacceptable" to me regardless of center stone.

I like square rings, but because I have long fingers I think emerald makes more sense. I would want silver/platinum band with a center stone. If the guy could afford it a simple diamond band with a center stone.

I think the guy should get what he can afford. I also think buying direct or from a family jewler is a better value than some of the big names, especially if you don't have a huge budget. I hear blue nile is good but I have never used them.

There are plenty of options for conflict free diamonds if that is a concern.

My favorite celebrity ring is Khloe's:

FP_3729541_Kardashian_Kloe_FP1_100309.jpg
khloe-kardashian-engagement-ring..jpg

Her band doesn't look like its diamond maybe rope or something? Its definitely not a plain regular band. Its estimated at 9 carats.

I like square rings, but because I have long fingers I think emerald makes more sense. I would want silver/platinum band with a center stone. If the guy could afford it a simple diamond band with a center stone.

I think the guy should get what he can afford. I also think buying direct or from a family jewler is a better value than some of the big names, especially if you don't have a huge budget. I hear blue nile is good but I have never used them.

There are plenty of options for conflict free diamonds if that is a concern.

My favorite celebrity ring is Khloe's:

FP_3729541_Kardashian_Kloe_FP1_100309.jpg
khloe-kardashian-engagement-ring..jpg

Her band doesn't look like its diamond maybe rope or something? Its definitely not a plain regular band. Its estimated at 9 carats.

The band is 3-sided micropave. Which gives it the more rounded/roped looked compared to 1-sided micropave.

LOVE her original ring.

I love my Tiffany round brilliant ribbon engagement ring. I don't care if no one else knows how much it costs, or where it came from.

Tiffany diamonds are conflict free, by the way.

I love my Tiffany round brilliant ribbon engagement ring. I don't care if no one else knows how much it costs, or where it came from.

Tiffany diamonds are conflict free, by the way.

I didn't know people even thought about people not knowing.

But I can generally pick out Tiffany jewelry and I'm sure others can as well. I don't even mean for that to come off as Unicorn shade.

My ideal ring would be sparkly and had a big center stone, realistically I'm way too clumsy and careless. My last ring was very plain due to my insistence. I think next time I won't be so vocal about what I'd prefer.

I was very pro no diamond stones to avoid conflict diamonds. :look: Chile, I went in Tiffany's and saw all that bling and my heart dropped. Since then I have been pro conflict free diamonds. :look:
My favorite rings are the Tiffany Novo e ring and the classic Tiffany's solitaire, but the solitaire diamond is what I prefer. :yep:

If my man could afford a 3ct diamond from Tiffany's, we would be at Harry Winston or Van Cleef and Arpels.

Last edited:
You can buy a diamond that does not come from the conflict area. My husband looked for this specifically when he bought my engagement ring. He told the jeweler what counties he did not want as origins.

Melissa

I'm going for a wait...let me pull up my document.

5 color stone carat
Size 3
Criss cross antique setting
Gf quality minimum
Best stone oval and or cushion
Avoid violet cast
Get Burma
These stones need help with some sparkle
Redish pinkish
Pigeon blood

Those are my notes on my ruby ring. I think I want a bigger carat AND I want a diamond band. But my fingers are so tiny that you wouldn't be able to see the diamonds on the band. I don't like the idea of diamonds all around the ruby like a flower hmmmm....

ETA- adding conflict FREE to the list!

Last edited:
I always wanted something colorful and unique. Like this rose gold and morganite.

il_570xN.386818168_pnl8.jpg

134685845075801331_FvwTrONN.jpg

Black and white diamonds

il_570xN.392952496_sp16.jpg

Rose gold and a peach sapphire

32369691041333719_TMFtkdhC_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back