What Are Your Favourite Hairstyles?

LonDone

PS May 2017-???
I saw this on another forum and it was quite a lively and interesting subject, so, what hairstyles do you love to wear (for ease of styling, a signature look of yours, it attracts comments or questions or turns heads etc)?

I'm style-challenged so my favourite styles are on straightened hair:

A banana clip ponytail - 15 seconds to do and low maintenance. Even better on a windy day when it's floating around your head like a hot air balloon!

Messy buns - A godsend for bad hair days but generally good for any-day hair, not easy to perfect but worth the end result of fun sexy hair :)

Box braids, both as a protective and regular style. Take ages to put in but allow long periods of rest for the hair, and they're rain-proof - huge bonus in a wet climate.

Would love to be able to rollerset in the future, seems like it allows for lots of versatility .

What are your favourite styles and why?

Last edited:
I just discovered wash and gos and they're my new favorite. I also like mini twists (although I rarely have the patience to do them). Styles that I wear most often are twist outs, braid outs, and buns.

I've had many styles over the years but always return to whatever will give me roller coaster proof hair ( also steam room proof hair). If I can get off of a roller coaster or out of a steam room and not have to re-do my hair, the style is a go.
By the way I don't usually get on roller coasters ...it is just used as a test in my mind.

So for me...wash and go or small braids, no extensions because I hate extensions.

Bun variations.

Too many to name but I’ll do my top 5:

•Nautilus Bun
•Cameo Bun
•Rose Bun
•Goddess Bun
•Lazy Wrap Bun

When I wish to show off my length, but still keep it protected I’ll do a French braid. I rarely do French braids because the separating of hair causes a bit of breakage even if detangled as much as possible, and if done frequently I end up with that “breakage halo” around my head.

Lately I’ve been rocking an English braid. The variation where it doesn’t start towards the front hairline, but the braid starts at the base of the head in the back, and then it’s braided down the rest of the way. Not separating the hairs throughout my head closer to the roots doesn’t give me breakage.

That’s pretty much it. I’ll occasionally rock a fluffy flat twist/twists when My new growth comes in full force, since I like that fluffy twisted look.

My favorite styles are bantu knot out (my signature style), perm rod sets (previous signature style before I found bantu knot outs), 2 braids and crown braid. These are all easy and go to styles for me. I had a period last year where I tried different styles often so I could cure my hair boredom and I kept coming back to these.

Braidouts all day, that's my main style.

Since I've learned to cornrow recently, I'm having fun playing with braid and cornrow styles I've never been able to do bc I could never cornrow, lol.

I love waves and coils so I mostly do braidouts and twistouts. I'm definitely looking to break out of my usual styles this summer and try new things. Will be eyeing this thread for inspiration!

I like:

Twistouts set on rollers for max length.
Regular twistouts because they shrink to SL are are cute.
Chunky braidouts on blow out hair
Low buns.

More or less in that order.

Back