HAIRSTYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS (For reference) !!!

Thank you :grin:
I didn't do much. Mostly ponytails or I'd cornrow wear for a few days and then do a braid out.

Did the ponytail with the hump alot...cos it was new growth city under there and my hair wouldn't lay flat lol! Good thing I liked the way it looked on me.

oct-21-2009-025.html
I didn't do much. Mostly ponytails or I'd cornrow wear for a few days and then do a braid out.

Did the ponytail with the hump alot...cos it was new growth city under there and my hair wouldn't lay flat lol! Good thing I liked the way it looked on me.

Girl....you gotta love those humps huh!! Those are like my favorite style since my hair goes into one so easy. Who needs a "Hump It or Bump It" or whatever those things are called that they sell for you to have full hair at the top. We got it NAT-U-RAL!!! I love it!

The hump never really works for me (oval shaped head)... until today. I did a braidout puff after I got to work so I didn't have gel or a brush. My hair naturally formed a hump (only in the middle) and it looks like it was intentional.
I'm loving it :yep:
oct-21-2009-025.html

Girl....you gotta love those humps huh!! Those are like my favorite style since my hair goes into one so easy. Who needs a "Hump It or Bump It" or whatever those things are called that they sell for you to have full hair at the top. We got it NAT-U-RAL!!! I love it!

The hump never really works for me (oval shaped head)... until today. I did a braidout puff after I got to work so I didn't have gel or a brush. My hair naturally formed a hump (only in the middle) and it looks like it was intentional.
I'm loving it :yep:

YAYYYYYY FOR THE HUMPS!!!!:yay:

Since I was about 4 months post, I had been doing spirals with the curling iron. To maintain it, as it got old I would pin curl it flat to my head with bobby pins and would get this: (note: this was about 10 months into my transition and from about the ear to the nape was all natural)
View attachment 46534

One day I tried a wet set and got the following below. I have a super skinny headband that I use to push my hair back and then hide it by making a little hump and tousling the curls over it:
wetset.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!!! What did you use for the wetset? Rollers or flexirods?

Since I was about 4 months post, I had been doing spirals with the curling iron. To maintain it, as it got old I would pin curl it flat to my head with bobby pins and would get this: (note: this was about 10 months into my transition and from about the ear to the nape was all natural)
View attachment 46534

One day I tried a wet set and got the following below. I have a super skinny headband that I use to push my hair back and then hide it by making a little hump and tousling the curls over it:
View attachment 46536

Here is a bantu knot out, and a twist out (i think), and a rollerset) Rollersetting then using flexirods have been my staple and I almost a 11 months post. Sometimes I just hit the roots with the flat iron to get them a little straighter. When it warms back up, I will put the flat iron away for the summer months because my hair reverts SOOO easy:wallbash:

Attachments

• 101_0799.jpg
    101_0799.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 98
  • 101_0815.jpg
    101_0815.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 101_0906.jpg
    101_0906.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Pretty!!!!
Here is a bantu knot out, and a twist out (i think), and a rollerset) Rollersetting then using flexirods have been my staple and I almost a 11 months post. Sometimes I just hit the roots with the flat iron to get them a little straighter. When it warms back up, I will put the flat iron away for the summer months because my hair reverts SOOO easy:wallbash:

I like :yep:
Here's an updo I did. It's really simple.

HennaPart2016-vi.jpg

HennaPart2017-vi.jpg

I like this style, and your vid was great. I subscribed to your channel.

I'm about to cut up some stockings (that I'll probably need next week :lachen:) and try this out... :yep:

Oh, and you're very pretty!

:laugh: Well please share with us all how it comes out! I hope it looks fab on you!:thumbsup:
And thanks....:blush3:

Ok this style was inspired by MummysGirl. I have finally mastered to two strand flat twist and now "You Can't Tell Me Nuthin"!!!

Thanks MG!
Textureandtwists002-vi.jpg

Textureandtwists003-vi.jpg

Textureandtwists005-vi.jpg

Textureandtwists007-vi.jpg

These are styles that I have done in the last few weeks at 15 - 17 weeks post.

Braidout: I used Giovanni Direct leave-in and Giovanni Frizz Be Gone serum, detangled in sections, and cornrowed each section (about 8). I tied my scarf on and let it airdry overnight.

28l6xxt.jpg

1qn7tv.jpg

For this one I used the same products, but only made 4 cornrows.

2zs659c.jpg

This is just a simple donut bun with a jelly headband.

2eykjdj.jpg

Another simple bun with two elastic headbands.

nfl0l3.jpg

My curly ponytail. Made from a loose bantu knot out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFngzUJA3_8

I like this style, and your vid was great. I subscribed to your channel.

I'm about to cut up some stockings (that I'll probably need next week :lachen:) and try this out... :yep:

Oh, and you're very pretty!

:laugh: Well please share with us all how it comes out! I hope it looks fab on you!:thumbsup:
And thanks....:blush3:

So I tried this style with a flexi rod set because I can never get them to come out right. :lol: I really liked it! I think that it might be my new transitioning style.

I wish I had pictures, but I'm in the middle of my surgery clerkship, so I'm working 12 hours a day and I haven't found time for it. :ohwell: :sad: I'll do it over my Christmas vacation, I promise! :lol:

Thanks for the idea!! It's so easy to do at 5 am (I just tied it up at night and adjusted my stocking in the morning) and I got several compilments on my hair!

So I tried this style with a flexi rod set because I can never get them to come out right. :lol: I really liked it! I think that it might be my new transitioning style.

I wish I had pictures, but I'm in the middle of my surgery clerkship, so I'm working 12 hours a day and I haven't found time for it. :ohwell: :sad: I'll do it over my Christmas vacation, I promise! :lol:

Thanks for the idea!! It's so easy to do at 5 am (I just tied it up at night and adjusted my stocking in the morning) and I got several compilments on my hair!

Oh that's wonderful!! :clap:I'm so glad you had SUCCESS!!! Girl I know about them 12 hour days. That's my normal work day. I'll be on the lookout for your pics.:)

Here's one I'm wearing now:

Flat twists in the front, twists in the back in a side bun

4ky7w5.jpg

1112wsk.jpg

Last edited:
Back